Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
^ One just has to take this out
However for the last 40 years I have always enjoyed this one:
[video=youtube;yN4Uu0OlmTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN4Uu0OlmTg[/video]
Sadly every year that I have heard it ...................there has always been a war to be over !
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 1,387
Threads: 58
Joined: Jul 2010
[video=youtube;zshSF3Za7LI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zshSF3Za7LI[/video]
Merry Christmas
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"
~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I have the same sentiments about this song, Gryph !
gryphon Wrote:^ One just has to take this out
However for the last 40 years I have always enjoyed this one:
[video=youtube;yN4Uu0OlmTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN4Uu0OlmTg[/video]
Sadly every year that I have heard it ...................there has always been a war to be over !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
I always miss John..............................As I've got older I've always hoped that one year there will be no more wars but wisdom tells me that that might not happen!
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I'm with you, Gryph !!! I still cannot believe that he was murdered ......I still find it hard to accept !!!!!
gryphon Wrote:I always miss John..............................As I've got older I've always hoped that one year there will be no more wars but wisdom tells me that that might not happen!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 22
Threads: 2
Joined: Dec 2011
[video=youtube;8ryp7QcJ5oA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ryp7QcJ5oA[/video]
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
A favorite oldie that I forgot about until I listened to Joe Meek's compilation ......listen to the Awesome Chorus and check out the lady drummer !!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBheAhKPW...st_related
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 16
Threads: 13
Joined: Nov 2011
The Brilliant Things - Dance
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
13-01-2012, 16:41
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2012, 16:44 by Jerome.)
Chris Rea's moving tribute to the late Formual One driver Ayrton Senna - 'Saudade' - wonderful instrospective track. Dig it. Time to pause and reflect......
Translation (from the web) - overtone of melancholy and brooding loneliness and an almost mystical reverence for nature that permeates Portuguese and Brazilian lyric poetry.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.