Posts: 28
Threads: 1
Joined: Feb 2012
danielkr94 Wrote:in the moment i'm listening to
Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing
One insurance company is using a version of that song in their advert. It's quite good idea how you can make a great advert just by wisely choosing a great song...
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
currently listening to several covers by THE JAM
[video=youtube;4bqH7U1lzUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bqH7U1lzUI[/video]
[video=youtube;Wwaubk7Dero]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwaubk7Dero[/video]
[video=youtube;E0zblGFfQE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0zblGFfQE0[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
the new Paul Weller single....
not a very good song IMO, has a very "blur" crossed "bowie" feel to it IMO...
[video=youtube;twsiVLPazfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twsiVLPazfk[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I like the song CH ! Yes a little bit of Bowie type beat in there..no doubt CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:the new Paul Weller single....
not a very good song IMO, has a very "blur" crossed "bowie" feel to it IMO...
[video=youtube;twsiVLPazfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twsiVLPazfk[/video]
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 1,387
Threads: 58
Joined: Jul 2010
Really liking this song from The Hunger Games soundtrack.
[video=youtube;QhSjx6ehR5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhSjx6ehR5I[/video]
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"
~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Posts: 333
Threads: 4
Joined: Feb 2012
Right at this second I'm listening to Christina Perri "A Thousand Years" ... it's on some commercial on TV
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
i bought Lloyd's album on the strength of this song....listening to it on the way home from seeing Corey...
[video=youtube;iW1W34A-n4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW1W34A-n4I[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
as i delve through my archives i cannot help but play CCR and this time its "cotton fields", these guys could cover anyones songs and make them their own from Proud Mary through Grapevine and even this one....keep on rockin John Fogerty, only four weeks to go till i finally see him perform live, and both Dani and I cannot wait to hear some of those old CCR classics!
[video=youtube;GV9yl7oCHzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV9yl7oCHzU[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
^^
yes, as great cover
one correction, Proud Mary is not a cover, but a Fogerty original
and sorry, I hated Ike & Tina's
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Music Head Wrote:^^
yes, as great cover
one correction, Proud Mary is not a cover, but a Fogerty original
and sorry, I hated Ike & Tina's
thanks for that, never realised Proud Mary was a CCR original?!
i dislike the Ike/Tina version also
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
|