There is a bridge about 5 miles outside of my hometown and it's called Billy's Bridge. The haunting tale goes that on some nights, you can hear a young boy laughing, see mysterious lights, rocks skipping, and hear someone walking around. I had a friend who lived near it and he would talk about the bridge creeping him out and when he would walk over there, mainly at night, he would hear noises and footsteps.
Thread Rating:
|
Ghost Stories and Haunted Places
|
|
13-10-2016, 21:01
Y'all have probably heard of the famous Maco Light haunting. It is across the river from me.
My Dad and some of his buddies went over there one night when they were young. All of a sudden they saw a light coming down the tracks above their heads. Then it started going down to the tracks and went out. My Dad said they all took off running. Here is a video of the story.
13-10-2016, 21:04
[video=youtube;TBdv15am4ZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-TBdv15am4ZA[/video]
13-10-2016, 21:14
Lovely Linda Wrote:[video=youtube;TBdv15am4ZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-TBdv15am4ZA[/video] Interesting, indeed.
Ah, speaking of lights. There was an abandoned house my boyfriend and I were walking passed one night and we both saw a light inside of it, which seemed weird considering the house was empty. I got curious haha and suggested we check it out. We decided to do that the next day since I had to get home pronto.
So the next evening around 5pm, we went to investigate it a bit and there is no way to explain that light nor the weird noise in the house we heard. The house had burn marks everywhere from an old fire at one time, the floor was weak and some boards were broken, there was no furniture nor lamps for lights, the majority of the windows and doors were bolted down by nails. No one was in that house or so we thought. A couple of months later, that house was demolished alas no person was in it. So what was the cause of the light we saw through the window and the weird noises we heard? Who knows. That house was so creepy, honestly.
14-10-2016, 02:16
^^Spooky and interesting!!
14-10-2016, 19:12
Jimmy Fallon and Kevin Hart visit a haunted house :lol2:
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ozVRGho-cZQ[/video]
18-10-2016, 03:01
Thought y'all might enjoy this clip.
It was interesting to me. This is my home :eek: [video=youtube;RdJIDHDSoFU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-RdJIDHDSoFU[/video]
18-10-2016, 03:13
Lovely Linda Wrote:Thought y'all might enjoy this clip. Cool. I'm from a small rural town in Arkansas and I always feel weird when I visit there. I know a couple of other people who feel the same way I do about it. Maybe it's the land, I sometimes notice like an atmosphere or energy if that makes any sense. I don't know, I just know what I feel when I'm there.
18-10-2016, 03:47
I think the land and what went on there does have alot to do about it.
In the case of two friends of mine who I trust to tell the truth about things. The guy was in the police department and his wife before they married was my housemate. Anyway, before he moved to haunted Wilmington mile:, he lived in a town called Whiteville about 52 miles west of Wilmington.He told us a story about a house his family lived in sort of in the woods. It was said to be on the grounds of the Civil War. He said they would be sitting in the living room and would see confederate soldiers sitting on horses. They would also see a ashtray on a coffee table just blow up in pieces like a gun had hit it. He told me his younger sister was in her bedroom one day packing her suitcase to come here and something shoved her across the suitcase. When she turned around to see who it was no one was there. I would loved to have been there during this haunting! mile:
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| Weird News, Stories, Thoughts, ect. | InstantNoodles | 30 | 10,571 |
21-03-2019, 15:57 Last Post: Jerome |
|
| Pet Stories | Lovely Linda | 14 | 5,962 |
21-06-2018, 22:48 Last Post: Lovely |
|
| How many different places can you take the same song?--a case study | jazzboCR | 6 | 3,856 |
30-06-2015, 09:40 Last Post: Jerome |
|
| Got Wi-Fi dead zones? Those Sonos speakers not work some places? | jazzboCR | 0 | 1,358 |
26-02-2015, 00:55 Last Post: jazzboCR |
|
| Best places to download music? | ambernector | 33 | 17,600 |
04-03-2011, 06:47 Last Post: fresk |
|
| Places to submit articles | Latonya | 1 | 2,307 |
14-01-2009, 12:36 Last Post: techman |
|


mile:, he lived in a town called Whiteville about 52 miles west of Wilmington.