Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What Are Your Personal Pet Peeves?
#71
A big pet peeve that I have is people just not having any consideration for others anymore if they ever did to begin with. I was at my local McDonald's the other day and when I went to use the ladies room, I walked in and saw that someone had turned the water on at the sink and just left it like that. When I walked in there was no one in there, so no telling how long that water had been going. Yes, I turned it off.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. People not cleaning up after themselves is another thing that gets on my nerves.
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Reply
#72
When people almost run into me with their shopping carts at the store and when people are walking or moving slowly in front of me for no apparent reason. Seriously, this girl doesn't have time for that and it happens often. I guess I'm impatient, but sometimes I question why patience is considered a virtue.
Reply
#73
In order to understand why patience is considered a virtue you first have to be patient. I'm not kidding either!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#74
I'm still trying to learn the ways of this virtue called patience.

It eludes me at times.

One day.
Reply
#75
Oceansoul Wrote:I'm still trying to learn the ways of this virtue called patience.

It eludes me at times.

One day.
One day you will. Be patient.
Reply
#76
bob_32_116 Wrote:One day you will. Be patient.
Hopefully, soon rather than later haha.
Reply
#77
I used to be someone who was always in a rush - so much so that my friends gave me the nickname 'Hurricane Jerome' because I was never in one place for very long. Nowadays, I take my time - you see a lot more going on when you just step back and watch for a while. Took me quite some time to learn that in life.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#78
My friends and my family members notice that I walk quickly and mention it frequently. It is a bit amusing seeing people try to keep up with me haha.

I seem to walk with a strong sense of purpose. I don't always take the time to notice different things going on around me.
Reply
#79
I think there is a difference between walking quickly and being impatient.

I walk quickly by most people's standards, because I am fit (puffs out chest) and I see no reason to slow down.

I don't mind the fact that someone else is slow, if I can just walk past. My problem is with people who somehow manage to take up an entire footpath, a path that is the width of four people. I still cannot figure out how they do that. If ou're going to amble, amble in a straight line, I say.
Reply
#80
bob_32_116 Wrote:I think there is a difference between walking quickly and being impatient.

I walk quickly by most people's standards, because I am fit (puffs out chest) and I see no reason to slow down.

I don't mind the fact that someone else is slow, if I can just walk past. My problem is with people who somehow manage to take up an entire footpath, a path that is the width of four people. I still cannot figure out how they do that. If ou're going to amble, amble in a straight line, I say.
Yeah, walking quickly doesn't necessarily mean someone is impatient. I also happen to be a little quicker than most when walking, I guess I like doing that. I get impatient when someone is walking slowly in front of me for no reason and they are difficult to get around. If I can move around someone and they aren't slowing me down really then not really an issue.

I don't get how some people are able to take up so much space either and trying to move around them can be a task.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Peeves Jerome 39 10,212 27-04-2014, 12:59
Last Post: SteveO

Forum Jump: