Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
negative reactions to ch!ckenshit music
#1
Why? You saying there's no good music out there we should be aware of? BS--I'm not buying that for a minute. You trying to make yourself bigger by making others smaller? Is that what this Board has come down to? Because it sure started out on a positive note. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#2
I listen to new releases for the week,either new ones yet to make a chart or new releases that have just made it on to a chart....

I figure if I can spend the four minutes listening then I have every right to post them and comment on them....
some weeks I listen to and post a dozen new ones with eight or nine being very good,other weeks I listen and all I hear is crap and that's what gets posted....

I wish the majority of new songs/singles were good but alas, that's not the case....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
So my question is why the laser-focus on new releases? When was the last time older releases or newly-released /newly remastered older material got presented? What audience are you seeking? the teens/the 20's /the 30's /the 40's? And why those groups? "No adults need apply" or what? That surely wasn't the crowd the Beachman was appealing to to with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Ofyo24UZc << One can only imagine what an all-'round bluesman what think of what's being presented here these days. My point: you all do not have to obsess on what's new and I'm baffled why you do--what audience are you chasing? What happened? What changed?
Oh and the "If you don't like it, just leave" argument is weak water indeed. If it comes to that I will...but that leaves you with all y'alls adolescent fixation with the "Gee, golly, wow, this week is wholly crapoly" obsession. Have fun with that. Some folks would call that a circle jerk...
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#4
Nowadays, there are a lot of new songs, but not a lot of good songs. Every now and then I see a couple songs that are 'tolerable'.
Saltsjöbygdens Spelmansgille - Check out our Swede classical group! Wink
Reply
#5
lol
missed this jazz rant when posted
damn! what prompted that
was jazz off his meds again?

Reply
#6
It is possible to like all genres? YES! I am a living testament as I can like certain sounds from all genres. Right now I am watching Nightwish in concert! I use the word LIKE not LOVE. That word will always be reserved for The Beatles after listening to tons of music for 51 years!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#7
Why not the laser focus? I to focus my attention on new releases each week and I don't see the harm in doing that. There is a lot of good music out there that goes unnoticed. I actually appreciate those post of so-and-so enter the charts this week at #whatever. It let's me know what's going on and what's popular. I, personally, don't put too much stock in what's popular but I also think its good to know. I agree that there are definitely TONS of great music from all decades past, but for me, it's a woman show and I need to be laser focused. If I spend all my time in the 50s working my way up, all that means is that I'll be doing today's music in 50 years, at which time it will be irrelevant to a lot of people. Let's take the Beatles for instance, I think the best time to reference the Beatles was the 60s because that's when they were good/popular. As each decade passes they become less popular as all the new bands come up. Yes, there are people who still LOVE the Beatles, but not nearly as many as in the 60s. I see why one would argue that this is the very reason they need to be referenced, but to each his own. Some people love the old school sounds of the 50s-60s, some the 70s, some the 80s, 90s...some like to hear the newest thing. I, for one love to hear the newest stuff. When I'm done with the new stuff, I love to go back and sample older artists/bands and find my hidden gems or songs that I've forgotten. Long story short - there are only 24 hours in a day, and by the time all my obligations are taken care of, I am left with roughly a few hours I can dedicate to my passion...I have to be laser focused. As for the billboard posts - I kinda like 'em!
"KICK OUT THE JAMS, KICK UP THE SOUL, POUR ANOTHER GLASS OF THAT ROCK AND ROLL, TURN UP THE BAND, FIRE IN THE HOLE, GONNA LOSE CONTROL TONIGHT...WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME, I'M NOT AMERICAS SWEET HEART, BUT YOU LOVE ME ANYWAY!" - Elle King "America's Sweetheart"
http://www.needleinaplaystack.com
Reply
#8
^^
thank you

let me try and explain
jazzbo does not like the fact that CH and I (MH) post music on here that we do not like
CH and I are moderators of this forum
this is a music forum where we can all come together to discuss music of any genre
most people do not like all music
I happen to like to listen to new music that I have not heard before
I want to know what is popular even though I may not like it
I do listen and that is how I know I don't like it
others prefer not to listen to something they are pretty sure they will not like
fair enough, I get that
having taken the time to listen to something I post it on here
I have a right to say I don't like it
someone else may like it
they have a right to post comments in the thread good or bad
it is being posted to promote discussion
it rarely does that but on rare occasions a thread has legs
like this one

Reply
#9
Pearls of wisdom indeed.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#10
I get overwhelmed constantly with all the new music out there! I have to listen to most of it because I am fearful that I will miss out on something fantastic! I am a weird duck in that I have no genre barriers. Even some sophisticated hip hop catches my ear! All the music posts are great and informative! Keep up the exemplary work MD members!

I am currently delving into the music of female fronted metal bands! In This Moment are very good!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_This_Moment

[video=youtube;otkGW1QQ214]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=otkGW1QQ214[/video]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,663 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,429 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,962 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,816 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,798 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,415 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,674 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,208 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,704 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: