Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Electronic Music in Rock
#1
Let's discuss!!..

do you like the use of electronic music in rock??..

Favourite bands who experiment with electronic sounds.. Radiohead??

Feel free to discuss or share anything about Electronic Rock.
Reply
#2
Frist thing that come mind, is Nine Inch Nails I have always enjoyed their music, through they call it industrial rock but I think the same thing. Now I will drop my local favorite Drumattica which is side project 2 member of floater, drumattica uses 2 drumers and DJ, I really enjoy their music

As for any others I don't know to many band like this, but when i hear them I do enjoy it. So anyone who can suggest band I will check them out
I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music

Reply
#3
This is another one of those terms that I find hard to define.

I think my answer is, used sparsely.

If it means computer generated music, I don't like it at all.

Reply
#4
Some of the bands I listen to are sort of electronica on a fairly wide definition - Mindless Self Indulgence, Enter Shikari, Inner Party System- also like Joy Division, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk - and sort of shamefully, Gary Numan.

I don't really think much about the instruments used tbh, if it sounds good or interesting that's enough for me. Though it's true good guitars, strings and piano usually have a head start.
Reply
#5
I like Fischerspooner, Temper Trap, Postal service.

also love of the experimental stuff from Radiohead.
Reply
#6
Good is good and bad is bad, regardless of what instruments or technologies are used. But I think those who use electronic music must exercise good judgement and be exceptionally creative, or they can easily fall into the same rut as the rest of the cheap, studio-manufactured crap that's out there.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Lucinda Williams - Stories From A Rock N Roll Heart Music Head 0 919 17-07-2023, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: RICK WAKEMAN & The English Rock Ensemble ~ A Gallery of the Imagination Ruby 9 3,316 26-03-2023, 13:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW SONG: Donovan & David Gilmour - Rock Me Ruby 1 1,090 15-12-2022, 10:05
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kid Rock - "bad attitude" CRAZY-HORSE 0 857 23-03-2022, 12:22
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEWSINGLE: Kid Rock - dont tell me how to live. CRAZY-HORSE 0 757 24-11-2021, 13:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Which decade has better music? ambernector 217 94,550 25-10-2021, 03:36
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW ALBUM: RICK WAKEMAN & THE ENGLISH ROCK ENSEMBLE ~ The Red Planet Ruby 2 1,350 30-08-2020, 13:10
Last Post: R_burke
  NEW SINGLE: Pretty Reckless "death by rock and roll" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,245 02-07-2020, 03:18
Last Post: SteveO
  Nordic indie rock / pop Pianoman 0 822 21-05-2020, 08:19
Last Post: Pianoman
Video Just another rock song or an add for AA ? Dissily Mordentroge 0 1,052 27-10-2019, 23:48
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge

Forum Jump: