Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.94 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Track I'm Listening To Is.......................
And the best opening of Comfortably Numb I have ever heard - he makes the song his own - https://youtu.be/FM0Pl80Zf00
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
Jerome Wrote:And the best opening of Comfortably Numb I have ever heard - he makes the song his own - https://youtu.be/FM0Pl80Zf00
thanks for that

Reply
and one rom Malcom McLaren, this time a cover of the old classic "you need hands"
as heard on the Sex Pistols' movie soundtrack to "the great rock and roll swindle"

[video=youtube;-eu1KYe3sc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eu1KYe3sc8[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
I have Melody on FB! She is quite accessible!
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:one of two tracks off Melody Gardot's debut album that I love...
and this is a superb live performance from the Jools Holland Show...

[video=youtube;QN2NmGF8MTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2NmGF8MTg[/video]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
Thanks for this song J Man! Pure Bowie at its' finest!
Jerome Wrote:Every now and then a piece of music comes along that is so stark in it's honesty it challenges everything you know - or thought you knew. Pure genius - https://youtu.be/4uPZIG5BHD4
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
Yes indeed! I watched this the day he passed away,,sheer brilliance!
jerome Wrote:and the best opening of comfortably numb i have ever heard - he makes the song his own - https://youtu.be/fm0pl80zf00
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
Very good up tempo song! I love it! I will definitely be checking out more from this band! Reminds me of Soggy Bottom Boys from the movie O Brother Where Art Thou!

[video=youtube;1iAYhQsQhSY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdYGnAFa...detailpage
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
after the artist association post I just had to go on YT to watch this timeless classic from NY

[video=youtube;moKeXu7wKlc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moKeXu7wKlc[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
and one of Neil's most underrated songs ever....also off of "after the goldrush"

[video=youtube;JUGOQQE2MhE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUGOQQE2MhE[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
Jerome Wrote:And the best opening of Comfortably Numb I have ever heard - he makes the song his own - https://youtu.be/FM0Pl80Zf00

in all honesty, this could have been a Bowie song...

BTW Jerome, this would probably be my favourite PF song of all time with "wish you were here" a close second.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  199 track studio album at 8hrs 43minutes CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,693 22-04-2023, 12:29
Last Post: Music Head
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 20 11,616 18-02-2023, 03:05
Last Post: GlitchedSalvation
  Listening ridiculous number of times to same recording. SophiaL 7 5,014 01-09-2022, 10:08
Last Post: JeromeD
  Beautiful & Emotional Anime Soundtracks I'm Listening koukei 0 2,050 29-12-2016, 02:20
Last Post: koukei
  Rolling Stones on track for 9th #1 album in UK: CRAZY-HORSE 5 3,859 05-12-2016, 04:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What song are you listening to right now? nka 1 2,432 04-09-2016, 08:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Amazing Free Royalty Free Music #8 - Run Amok (Comedy Track!) MusicForTheDay 4 4,060 22-07-2016, 21:26
Last Post: jerseycat
  Music Study Listening Tests! ANYONE? jdalgl201 0 1,881 17-02-2016, 21:12
Last Post: jdalgl201
  Making a backing track (Piano + xylophone) Martin_Dolezal 0 2,155 20-01-2016, 17:40
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal
  Making a piano+xylphone backing track (Lady Gaga performance) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,902 19-01-2016, 18:13
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal

Forum Jump: