Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ray LaMontagne - Ouroboros
#1
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #13

from the Spotify world

[Image: 220px-Ouroboros_%28Front_Cover%29.png]

6th album
produced by Jim James
and you can hear his influence
a distinct change from his previous that I have heard

lead single but there was better
this is actually quite different from the rest of the album

[video=youtube;hQ2whG32g_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ2whG32g_0[/video]

instrumental for Jerome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2xRS8jWF5o

Reply
#2
im a big an of My Morning Jacket as youre aware MH,
so this album is of interest to me if only for the fact JJ produced it.

I like the linked track, but I will endeavour to hear the whole album tomorrow.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
ok,
ive heard the album MH....

My Morning Jacket are Ray's studio band on this one, which is why it has the Jim James/MMJ sound.
I like the way that the heavier guitar tracks are on what they call "part I" and the slower more atmospheric tracks are on "part II" which probably had the vinyl release in mind..

I like the album..

this is my favourite track, has a bit of a Pink Floyd thing happening IMO

[video=youtube;ASXriqyKQlk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASXriqyKQlk[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Ray LaMontagne "part of the light" CRAZY-HORSE 3 2,413 06-01-2019, 13:56
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: