Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
Roger Miller - Texas native died on this day in 1992 at the age of 56, of cancer
CMHOF 1992
11 Grammys
one of my favs
not even sure it was a single
[video=youtube;W8aL5UPaL3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8aL5UPaL3w[/video]
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
2013: Lou Reed"
died aged 71 from years of drug and alcohol abuse...
I thought most of his albums were patchy to say the least, I own around seven, some really good tracks
but a lot of filler also,
but he was highly influential as a writer and performer to countless musicians that followed.
here's one of my favourites off my favourite album of his in "New York", I recently purchased "transformer" with
my birthday gift cards but I haven't listened to that one yet so I cant really comment on that one yet:
so back to New York....
[video=youtube;ZH96BsL1R3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH96BsL1R3U[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
back to the Roger Miller...
ive checked up a couple of sources and I cannot find that song released as a single in the US,UK,NZ,Can or Australia, so I guess youre right, it wasn't a single.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:back to the Roger Miller...
ive checked up a couple of sources and I cannot find that song released as a single in the US,UK,NZ,Can or Australia, so I guess youre right, it wasn't a single. I have a few of his studio albums
for some reason I thought it was a single
because I love it I guess
same with Moon River by Andy
now back to Lou
you beat me to it
was doing my research when you posted it
I had chosen The Kids from Berlin
another album you need
[video=youtube;CVcHLZ4B1mY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVcHLZ4B1mY[/video]
Posts: 7
Threads: 0
Joined: Oct 2015
1991: Billy Wright, an American jump blues singer.
[video=youtube;cL-gTaF1dWA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-gTaF1dWA[/video]
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
Porter Wagoner - Missouri native died on this day in 2007 at the age of 79, of cancer
CMHOF in 2002
found Dolly for us
and won some awards for duets with her
had a 21 year run with his TV show in the 60's-70's
love this song
a #2 country hit here in 1968
[video=youtube;x8jJq4rBsZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8jJq4rBsZc[/video]
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
Robert Goulet - Massachusetts native died on this day in 2007 at the age of 73, of some lung thing
another decent crooner from the day
never had much success on the charts
but he had an acting career as a backup
[video=youtube;piulvLA2TAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piulvLA2TAQ[/video]
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
01-11-2015, 22:04
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2015, 05:58 by Ruby.)
Yma Sumac died on this day in 2008. She was a Peruvian singer, purportedly descended from Inca royalty and had a 5 octave range. Thatâs virtually impossible and hugely rare. She was what was referred to as an exotic singer, at the time.
I donât like this at all â too freaky for me, but hey â someone may love it â¦.
[video=youtube;1KprLT-JxPY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KprLT-JxPY[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
She is freaky....makes Bjork sound normal
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
And another thing....
I'm not criticising toy Ruby but...
I don't get how whoever originally wrote that about her being an Inca descendant could have come to that conclusion because I have a big interest in both Inca and Aztec history and everything I've seen or read about the Incas states they disappeared"without a trace", no known descendants, no nothing, they just vanished????
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
|