Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
This is becoming ridiculous â 2016 might well become known as most epic annus horriblis in the history of music â and weâre only a third of the way through! RIP Prince Rogers Nelson. Likely to be some investigation I would think, but the word is that this was as a result of complications from the flu. Geez - he was 57.
At his flamboyant finest -
[video=youtube;6SFNW5F8K9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 893
Threads: 38
Joined: Jun 2012
I wasn't a fan, but my most favorite singer James Otto is.
[video=youtube;0tbPvBg8bfs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tbPvBg8bfs[/video]
God bless you and Prince's family and James always!!!
Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
An absolute tragedy IMO..
A multi skilled musician and musical visionary who didn't follow trends but created them..
He was totally original, eccentric and one of a kind..
The guy was the David Bowie of his generation..
As a footnote, he played here only a month ago and received one of the best concert reviews I have ever read, I was actually
kicking myself at the time that I never went to see him,
Now, I'll never get to see him in concert.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
big loss here
please don't let it be drug related
Purple Rain did it for me
chopped up piece from his Super Bowl gig
[video=youtube;7NN3gsSf-Ys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NN3gsSf-Ys[/video]
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Rest peacefully my dear Prince! Everyone I ever talked to said that his concert performance was unforgettable! He was a consummate musician! Clapton was once asked how it felt being the greatest guitarist in the world....I don't know go ask Prince!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 893
Threads: 38
Joined: Jun 2012
Go
here to watch James sing "Purple Rain" in memory of pop legend Prince.
God bless you and Prince's family and James always!!!
Holly
P.S. This performance was done just this morning.
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Joined: Apr 2016
With heavy hearts, we're hosting this free online event to remember, honor, mourn, connect, and celebrateâ¦the one and only Prince Rogers Nelson.
https://www.facebook.com/events/217610035277247/
Register here: bit.ly/CelebratingPrince
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
[video=youtube;SoELyytEQNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-SoELyytEQNU[/video]
Never really got into Prince but I love Julia and this scene.
RIP Prince
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Never really been a fan of Prince but it's sad to see ANOTHER one gone this year. RIP.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
Jerome Wrote:Never really been a fan of Prince but it's sad to see ANOTHER one gone this year. RIP.
I find that odd
the man or his music?
he was respected much for his musicianship by his peers