Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
of those who lost their lives on 9/11
and their loved ones suffering
certainly changed my world view
sorry, I became an interventionist
MSNBC will rebroadcast the events as they happened
always a spine chilling view for me
Posts: 35,591
Threads: 3,573
Joined: Jul 2010
here - here!
I always watch that footage of the planes crashing into WTC 1 and 2 with horror, but for some reason I cant turn away, I have to keep watching it!
I guess im hoping for a different outcome each time, but it never happens to pan out that way!
incidently, Paul McCartney was in a plane waiting to take off back to London when the planes hit the Towers, obviously, like hundreds of other planes, his one was
cancelled and couldn't take off,
he wrote a song for the victims of 9/11 after he was taken back to his hotel and watched the events unfold live from his balcony, this is that song:
[video=youtube;0xQ0y_R4asI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xQ0y_R4asI[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 893
Threads: 38
Joined: Jun 2012
[video=youtube;p6yLQRF-cEU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6yLQRF-cEU[/video]
God bless you and Darryl and our homeland always!!!
Holly (a day one fan of Darryl)
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
God bless all the heroes and families of victims of 9/11.
We will never forget!
God Bless The USA!
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:here - here!
I always watch that footage of the planes crashing into WTC 1 and 2 with horror, but for some reason I cant turn away, I have to keep watching it!
I guess im hoping for a different outcome each time, but it never happens to pan out that way!
incidently, Paul McCartney was in a plane waiting to take off back to London when the planes hit the Towers, obviously, like hundreds of other planes, his one was
cancelled and couldn't take off,
he wrote a song for the victims of 9/11 after he was taken back to his hotel and watched the events unfold live from his balcony, this is that song:
[video=youtube;0xQ0y_R4asI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xQ0y_R4asI[/video]
Funny thing is that with all flights grounded the first one that was allowed to take off was carrying Bin Laden's family - go figure!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,591
Threads: 3,573
Joined: Jul 2010
Yeh, strange isn't it...
And another absurdity about 9/11....
The US Government spent almost $100 million investigating Bill over the Monica affair but less than $10 million on the 9/11 saga!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
13-09-2016, 02:49
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2016, 05:12 by Oceansoul.)
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:Yeh, strange isn't it...
And another absurdity about 9/11....
The US Government spent almost $100 million investigating Bill over the Monica affair but less than $10 million on the 9/11 saga!
The US didn't just sit on their hands and do nothing though, I would say Iraq kind of paid for it. The following Iraq War cost us over a trillion dollars of taxpayer money. People here were angry due to 9/11 (understandable) and not doing anything was out of the question and anxieties were high at the time. Does anyone remember the terrorist threat level graph from the news at the time?
Not to mention Bin Laden is dead, no thanks to Bush of course who said he might be in Iraq along with weapons of mass destruction so hey we should go there, but the terrorist was hiding in Afghanistan and turns out there were no weapons. Yeah instead we managed to kill Saddam Hussein along with some Iraqis who had nothing to do with 9/11.
I was only 9 when 9/11 happened so I wouldn't be surprised if some of my memories are fuzzy.
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
There are alot of unanswered questions about 9/11 and what occured aterwards.
With all the conspiracy reports I'm surprised it went away so fast.
IMO it should have been investigated a whole lot more.
To begin with I will never believe those towers fell because of the planes. I do believe it was demolition!
All who were there said there were explosions.
I don't know if BL is dead today. They would not show anything about his death.
Hussein was not sought after because of 9/11. It was planned before Bush took over to finish the job his Dad did not. Dumb move!
Bush inviting the Saudis to his ranch after 9/11 was a slap in the face to the victims.
I do agree that rushing BL's family out of the US was suspicious!
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Imagine someone telling everyone there are WMD's in another country knowing full well that HE is the main WMD. Sometimes the truth is indeed stranger than fiction. I see Merkel's in deep 'doo dah' as well.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
13-09-2016, 05:25
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2016, 05:44 by Oceansoul.)
Eh, I don't really believe any of the conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11 nor the Iraq War. Yes, Bush probably went to Iraq because of Saddam Hussein, however, he said there was also the possibility of WMDs being there and if there were then that could mean another potential terrorist attack is looming and we could nip it in the bud before it happens again not to mention maybe Bin Laden could be found there. After all, what if Saddam Hussein is a threat too?
If I recall correctly didn't President George H.W. Bush leave Saddam Hussein alone and leave Kuwait for a reason once Operation Desert Storm was over? I mean Bush, Sr. could've killed him then so why would he wait until his son won a future election to do it for him? Sorry, that doesn't make sense to me. We shouldn't have gone to Iraq again.