Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Album Release: Saor - Guardians
#11
Oceansoul Wrote:Autumn Rain is one of my favorite tracks on the album. The album takes me somewhere else for a little while in my mind and the atmosphere feels epic and sometimes melancholic. I'm getting the feeling of what makes the band "Saor" from it, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I totally understand. I always am in awe when great atmospheric metal bands do their thing just right. By the way have you heard Caladan Brood's Echoes of Battle, or Summoning's Old Morning's Dawn? Those are a couple other atmospheric black metal albums which I have a special appreciation for.
Reply
#12
MythsOfMetal Wrote:Yeah, I totally understand. I always am in awe when great atmospheric metal bands do their thing just right. By the way have you heard Caladan Brood's Echoes of Battle, or Summoning's Old Morning's Dawn? Those are a couple other atmospheric black metal albums which I have a special appreciation for.

I haven't heard Caladan Brood's album. I have heard Old Morning's Dawn by Summoning, it has a Middle Earth-y vibe going on that I like.
Reply
#13
Oceansoul Wrote:I haven't heard Caladan Brood's album. I have heard Old Morning's Dawn by Summoning, it has a Middle Earth-y vibe going on that I like.

That's good that you like Summoning, because Caladan Brood is basically a Summoning worship band with their low-fi dungeon synth symphonies, war drum rhythms, orcish vocals and atmospheric black metal riffs. They even did two covers of Summoning songs, my prefered one being "The Passing of the Grey Company." My favourite CB tracks include "Wild Autumn Wind," and "A Voice Born of Stone and Dust," though the whole album is good and worth checking out. One of the guys behind CB also has an Agalloch worship project called Gallowbraid with their EP Ashen Eidolon and a heavy/power metal band called Visigoth which released their debut LP last year, all of which are great and worth checking out. Though Visigoth isn't really atmospheric like the other two.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beartooth - Pure Ecstasy Music Head 0 134 21-09-2026, 12:16
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Mastodon - Marrow Deep Music Head 0 187 18-09-2026, 12:34
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: PRESIDENT - Blood Of Your Empire Music Head 1 154 17-09-2026, 12:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Warning - Everything's Falling Music Head 0 138 13-09-2026, 10:57
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Seether - Vicennial: 2 Decades Of Seether Music Head 1 328 18-08-2026, 23:35
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Loathe - A Stranger To You Music Head 0 302 04-08-2026, 12:05
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Motionless In White - Decades Music Head 3 529 01-08-2026, 00:48
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Muse - The Wow! Signal Music Head 0 317 13-07-2026, 11:10
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Evanescence - Sanctuary Music Head 0 362 19-06-2026, 12:11
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Black Veil Brides - VINDICATE Music Head 1 594 24-05-2026, 12:54
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: