Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Regina Spector "remember us to life"
Spotify listen:
sixth album and first one ive listened to...
pretty much an album of slow ballads...
lovely melodies...
love that twang in her voice..
very good album IMO...
from the album:
[video=youtube;AZW4kZKDfow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZW4kZKDfow[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
I've heard a couple of songs from this album so far and I like what I'm hearing. Bleeding Heart has been getting stuck in my head lately.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
the whole album pretty much plays safe with one common sound mate...if you like what you've heard so far, im betting youll like the whole thing
BTW, are you a fan of hers or familiar with her back catalogue by chance?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:the whole album pretty much plays safe with one common sound mate...if you like what you've heard so far, im betting youll like the whole thing
BTW, are you a fan of hers or familiar with her back catalogue by chance?
Oh okay. I'm not too familiar with her music except for this album and a couple of songs of hers I've heard, Fidelity and Samson. Too early to call myself a fan, but her music does have a charming quality to it. I might check some of her other albums out after I fully listen to this one.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
no, no problem mate, thought i'd ask before in case there was an album of hers you would/could recommend me to listen to.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:no, no problem mate, thought i'd ask before in case there was an album of hers you would/could recommend me to listen to.
I would if I knew more about her music. Far and Begin To Hope are on my list of her other albums to listen to, though.
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Joined: Oct 2016
I never really listened to her before, but I really like this. Thanks for sharing!
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #23
Spotify spin
what ever happened to Tori Amos?
nice album here
single
[video=youtube;hZdS1lWbwZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZdS1lWbwZU[/video]
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Tori Amos....
she released her latest album in 2014, also completed a 70+ date world tour the same year,
theres nothing on Wiki about her after 2014, so shes probably taking a break???
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 394
Threads: 38
Joined: Apr 2016
Love Regina. Guys I recommend to listen her The Beatles "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" cover.
[video=youtube;_zagM1Memfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zagM1Memfw[/video]