Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: Jack Ladder & The Dreamlanders "blue poles"
#1
[Image: 51gIaOsfHzL._AC_US218_.jpg]


JACK LADDER & THE DREAMLANDERS "blue poles"

Spotify listen:

Aussie singer/songwriter...
fifth album, but this is the first ive listened to....
his influences were Scott Walker, Brian Eno and Leonard Cohen...
I hear the Cohen in the dark black humoured lyrics...
I hear Eno in the Bowie-esque late 70s sounds....
I hear Cave in the vocals of  most tracks....
I hear Ferry in the style of Virginia Plain on a track or two...
I also hear a bloody good album that ticks all the boxes for me...
on the "to buy" list for sure...

not sure if Jerome would like the album, maybe he would?,
but I'm convinced Ruby and Music Head will...

my favourite track happens to be a single...
the light colourful video offsets the dark song which is very Nick Cave sounding!







one of the more uptempo tracks which i also love:



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
^Will give it a try, thanks. One lives in hope! Big Grin
Been struggling to find anything new I want to listen to lately.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
#3
hoping you like it Ruby, hate putting my neck in the noose and give bad recommendations.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
I wouldn't give it a second thought CH! You have to try - and who knows?? I appreciate the recommendations - 'sides - this ain't no hangin' town. Lol!!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beabadoobee - Pylon Music Head 1 43 Yesterday, 11:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Kings Of Leon - "cold blue dawn" CRAZY-HORSE 0 32 Yesterday, 09:26
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Tubs - "hard life" CRAZY-HORSE 3 142 29-09-2026, 10:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Interpol - This Mirror Weighs A Ton Music Head 2 131 27-09-2026, 18:08
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Alabama Shakes - I Must Be Dreaming Music Head 1 104 26-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW-ish ALBUM: Ecca Vandal - "looking for people to unfollow" CRAZY-HORSE 0 205 07-09-2026, 08:18
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Weezer - Weezer (Gold) Music Head 1 277 05-09-2026, 23:02
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kasabian - "act III" CRAZY-HORSE 0 230 04-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Marilyn Manson - "one assassination under God: chapter 2 CRAZY-HORSE 1 337 29-08-2026, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Phoebe Bridgers - Lost Weekend Music Head 0 242 27-08-2026, 11:32
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: