Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Track I'm Listening To Is.......................
^Yes you are. I love the tone of his playing. https://www.ecmrecords.com/artists/14350...rje-rypdal. I am not familiar with his entire catalogue, but have listened to a few albums - If Mountains Could Sing stands out for me - the opening track, "The Return of Per Ulv", is brilliant. After the Rain is another one I know. Challenging listening but quite fascinating if you let yourself go along with it.  

Another great guitarist, of an altogether different persuasion was John Renbourn, he had a solo career and also played with Pentangle. This is the title track from So Clear which is called a sampler by discogs. A very old record I own. 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
my favourite Dr John song was covered by one of my favourite artists, Paul Weller, who took it to another level,
here's both artists live version:

Dr John "I walk on guilded splinters" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzHUP3fVN0Y

Paul Weller "I walk on guilded splinters" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znt4mWPhROs
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Video 
All I knew of John Martyn for a long time was from listening to his music.
When I finally learnt from a documentary he was a one man hedonist war zone I was shocked.
Here’s my favourite track of his. Better than the studio version I feel.

And while I’m in a nostilgic geriatric hippie mood here’s Dave Gilmore

Forum Moderation is often no more than small minded tyranny.
from Days Of Speed:

They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Geez, there is so much great stuff posted on this thread...I'm gonna have to follow-up on several of these artists; I haven't heard enough of them. Inspiring!

I have two-- one is like a shameless plug..but he is my favorite and an underappreciated artistic mind. You should check out his stuff.
(I tried to get a higher quality video, but it's a great tune and time signature)

(22-09-2019, 19:36)Ruby Wrote: Finding those earlier Al Stewart clips, spotted this one which is nicely done - from his not very well received Last Days of the Century - "Antartica" ... Tim Renwick's guitar here. 

Love the guitar but the incessant sameness of the drum riff from start to finish ( a hang up of mine) drives me nuts. 
Al Stewart sounds like an English Willie Nelson, not a bad thing .

Not a track but a large part of a Crossroads concert I keep coming back to again and again.
There are different versions of this with different songs on Youtube. Often they’re taken down ‘for copyright reasons’ only to appear a short time later. Let’s hope this one stays for a while.

Forum Moderation is often no more than small minded tyranny.
the one and only...

Supertramp - Brother Where You Bound - brilliant piece of work.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
"Can't Run But" ...

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Uncle Neil always has a grudge against something,
this time his focus is on all the musicians who "sell out" to soft drink companies:

love the video for this song:

the lyrics are pretty straight to the point:

Ain't singing for Pepsi
Ain't singing for Coke
I don't sing for nobody
Makes me look like a joke
This note's for you

Not singing for Miller
Don't sing for Bud
I wont sing for politicians
Aint singing for spuds
This note's for you

Don't want no cash
Don't need no money
Aint got no stash
This note's for you

I got the real thing
I got the real thing baby
I got the real thing
Yeah, right

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  199 track studio album at 8hrs 43minutes CRAZY-HORSE 1 786 22-04-2023, 12:29
Last Post: Music Head
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 20 7,463 18-02-2023, 03:05
Last Post: GlitchedSalvation
  Listening ridiculous number of times to same recording. SophiaL 7 3,087 01-09-2022, 10:08
Last Post: JeromeD
  Beautiful & Emotional Anime Soundtracks I'm Listening koukei 0 1,447 29-12-2016, 02:20
Last Post: koukei
  Rolling Stones on track for 9th #1 album in UK: CRAZY-HORSE 5 2,496 05-12-2016, 04:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What song are you listening to right now? nka 1 1,605 04-09-2016, 08:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Amazing Free Royalty Free Music #8 - Run Amok (Comedy Track!) MusicForTheDay 4 2,944 22-07-2016, 21:26
Last Post: jerseycat
  Music Study Listening Tests! ANYONE? jdalgl201 0 1,278 17-02-2016, 21:12
Last Post: jdalgl201
  Making a backing track (Piano + xylophone) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,594 20-01-2016, 17:40
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal
  Making a piano+xylphone backing track (Lady Gaga performance) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,206 19-01-2016, 18:13
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal