Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Track I'm Listening To Is.......................
And another banjo track that never fails to lift my spirits ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
had this one stuck in my head all day 

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

the lead off single from Macca's "give my regards to Broad Street" soundtrack was one of my favourite love songs by him (and hes made dozens of classics in that style)
however in the US that ballad was pumped up and became a dance orientated song.
both versions are valid tunes, showing the class of McCartney in his ability to move between styles and genres at will

listen to both versions and judge which one is best:

No More Lonely Nights (ballad)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Xn9A4Negk   video

No More Lonely Nights (playout)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLmxzUc9Y-0  audio
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

"Losin' End" for the very fab bassline and lovely viola, not to mention sheer grooviness ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Hmmm - which track from Homeless Brother??? Quite a lot to listen to closely on this album by the mellifluous McLean ... gonna have to be a few songs then ... 

The opener - "Winter Has Me in its Grip" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvp5td3PAxM

"Tangled (Like a Spider in Her Hair)" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QZr7lET4O4

and the strangely compelling, cautionary, and slightly ghoulish "The Legend of Andrew McCrew" ... 

Simply gorgeous - this is how you make a point ... with subtlety and lashings of class ... 

"The Story in Your Eyes" - The Moody Blues ... 

currently watching a Dylan documentary and he's playing this one acoustically in concert,
thought i'd revisit the original studio version of this classic:

From Beautiful Empty - John Common & Blinding Flashes of Light ...

super catchy tune from Ben Lee:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  199 track studio album at 8hrs 43minutes CRAZY-HORSE 1 786 22-04-2023, 12:29
Last Post: Music Head
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 20 7,463 18-02-2023, 03:05
Last Post: GlitchedSalvation
  Listening ridiculous number of times to same recording. SophiaL 7 3,087 01-09-2022, 10:08
Last Post: JeromeD
  Beautiful & Emotional Anime Soundtracks I'm Listening koukei 0 1,447 29-12-2016, 02:20
Last Post: koukei
  Rolling Stones on track for 9th #1 album in UK: CRAZY-HORSE 5 2,496 05-12-2016, 04:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What song are you listening to right now? nka 1 1,605 04-09-2016, 08:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Amazing Free Royalty Free Music #8 - Run Amok (Comedy Track!) MusicForTheDay 4 2,944 22-07-2016, 21:26
Last Post: jerseycat
  Music Study Listening Tests! ANYONE? jdalgl201 0 1,278 17-02-2016, 21:12
Last Post: jdalgl201
  Making a backing track (Piano + xylophone) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,594 20-01-2016, 17:40
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal
  Making a piano+xylphone backing track (Lady Gaga performance) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,206 19-01-2016, 18:13
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal