19-04-2020, 10:43
Kentucky....pop 5 million.....cases 2522....deaths 137....recovered 653
|
Covid-19
|
|
19-04-2020, 10:54
^^
I suspect most of your deaths were caused by alcohol poisoning from 100-proof moonshine LOL
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
19-04-2020, 19:07
^We might be about to follow suit! Home brews are all the rage.
I don't know specific area stats but our total population is just under 58 million. It's really only possible to make proper comparisons if there's some sort of standard in terms of reporting and one has to wonder about that - anyway - the stats are interesting but they're all over the place as well. I'm still following this site - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ We're on 114,711 tests conducted, 3,158 positive cases identified, 903 recoveries and 54 deaths. In the fourth week of lock down - nothing is certain - everything remains to be seen!! Communities are rallying around and doing their best to feed those who are hungry - it's really highlighting all our bigger problems and divides, and there are a multitude. Change is on the cards for sure which made me think of this song - Sir Bob's son-in-law ... kinda ominous but with positive options too ...
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
20-04-2020, 14:37
our State Government has announced that no new cases of Covid-19 were confirmed today for the first time in over five weeks.
of course, that doesn't mean there wasn't any. at least its a move in the right direction. the article: https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/coronavir...spartanntp ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- in other news, I was watching BBC World News and some Professor from one of the big Medical Universities in the UK was saying he believes Covid-19 will end up like a tsunami in that we will get wave after wave for a long time. he also believes it wont be eliminated but will be here to stay like the common cold and flu and it will take annual vaccinations (once one is found) to keep it at bay. lets hope he is wrong, but I actually thought that what he said made perfect sense
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
20-04-2020, 17:36
Here is Ireland it is rumored that the pubs are going to stay closed till a vaccine is found. No sporting events till next year as well. Neither of these will bother me at all but I am sure that an awful lot of people are seriously worried about their futures. Well it's a hard lesson to learn - if we do not respect the animals they are going to teach us a lesson. These live animal markets in China are an absolute bloody disgrace. And yes I am aware of the irony/hypocrisy. Most of us eat animal products so we are not so innocent either. Maybe it's time to change! The chicken has indeed come home to roost. And yes CH, I think that professor in the UK might just be right. This isn't going away anytime soon. The new world order.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
20-04-2020, 19:28
^^
does this mean you are not going to eat possumburgers with me when you come over?
20-04-2020, 19:50
I don't even know if I am ever going to be able to come over at this rate MH. BTW MH, I am curious - was that Levon Helm album any good?
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/20/americas/...index.html
Amidst the virus lockdown a monster unleashed a horrific slaughter of 19 souls in my home province ! The largest mass murder in Canada ! Time to ban assault weapons like Australia and New Zealand !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
21-04-2020, 08:05
Oh oh - here we go again...
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
21-04-2020, 10:21
I think we are safe Jerome as Linda isn't here....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|