from Nottingham, England.
debut of four, i own the first two.
he was eighteen when this was released.
discovered by Noel Gallagher.
basically him and a guitar for the most part,
bit of a rockabilly sound at times.
sort of like Oasis meets Hank III.
bought the second album off the strength of this but really wasnt that good,
following two albums after that were/are pure shite IMO.
looks like a bit of a 'one album wonder' at this stage because...
I LOVE THIS ALBUM

favourite:

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

[Image: 220px-Curiouser.jpg]

KATE MILLER-HEIDKE  "curiouser" cd, 2008

her second of five, i own three now.
vocally she sounds like Sia, Lorde, Bjork,Toyah and Lene Lovich.
songs are quite catchy for mostly being in the alternative style.
first half of the album is excellent, second half drifts off a couple of times but overall..
I LOVE THIS ALBUM

favourite:

They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

[Image: 220px-FOBGHCover.jpg]

FALL OUT BOY "believers never die: greatest hits" cd, 2009.

their first compilation.
a bit underwhelmed listening to this on this occasion.
just sounded too much like Blink for me.
liked some of it, cant believe i disliked most of it!
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM

their biggest hit to that point:

[Image: 220px-Marquee_moon_album_cover.jpg]

TELEVISION  "marquee moon" cd, 1977

US garage rock/ punk/ rock band
debut album of three...
recommended as a purchase to me by MH...
opening couple f tracks have an almost Arctic Monkeys feel.
theyr urgent, rushed and frantic in their delivery...
the remainder get gradually softer and quieter as the album moves forward.
vocals resemble The Clash's Mick Jones and Hoodoo Guru's  Dave Faulkner at times.
album peaked at #92 in Australia and #28 in the UK, no chart info for their homeland though...
all up, a fairly decent album that will surely grow on me with additional listens
I LIKE THIS ALBUM

the title track:

[Image: 220px-Pixies-Doolittle.jpg]

PIXIES  "doolittle" cd, 1989

another MH reco....
their second, my first...
good solid alt-rock on this one...
can certainly see and feel the influence they had on the grunge bands that followed them...
liking everything on this one and a grower for sure...
I LIKE THIS ALBUM

favorite:

[Image: 220px-SilverchairFrogstompAlbumcover.jpg]

SILVERCHAIR  "frogstomp"  cd, 1995

debut of five...
Aussie grunge...
dudes were fourteen when they recorded this, fifteen when it was released,if it was an Adele album it would be called "14"!...
good solid album, can hear the similarities between them, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden etc...
4x platinum here in Australia, 2x platinum in the USofA...
I LOVE THIS ALBUM

favorite:

[Image: 220px-McCartney_III_Album_Cover.jpg]

PAUL McCARTNEY  "mccartney III" cd, 2020.

the third in a series of Macca albums where he does it all himself...
no prizes for guessing the previous two titles in the series...
and like those two albums they werent intention albums, moreso Macca fiddling around in the studio to follow his muse...
mostly experimental/un-mccartney sounding tracks here with a couple that are typical of his style...
several rock tracks, well rock, as in about as much as anyone approaching 80 could rock anyway...
those ones have cool riffs ..
several slower tracks also, but not what i would say are typical of his style neither...
final track, "when winter comes" is a cool pastoral sounding song about life on the farm and chores that need doing, so McCartney IMO, whom Denny Laine always said "paul is a farmer who happens to write decent tunes"...
that one along with three others are the outstanding ones for me, the opening track, "long tailed winter bird" which is a 5 minute almost instrumental guitar riff, "deep deep feeling" which has a jazz feel in his delivery but ebbs and swirls for eight plus minutes and "deep down",a slow almost house-groove with repeatative lyrics and wouldnt feel out of place on the Fireman albums...
elsewhere we have "slidin", a guitar drenched experimental track full of reverb which takes some getting used to...
"lavatory lil", hey, another Lil for MH hahaha...
the two tracks i dont like are really cringeworthy tracks, i cant even bare to listen to those two...
better than his last few for me by a long way, he aint gonna win new fans, but might just reignite the spark in lifelong fans like me.
going to link the tracks here like the old posts and rate accordingly...
I LIKE THIS ALBUM

tracks:

1.  long tailed winter bird  ***
2.  find my way **
3.  pretty boys *
4.  women and wives *
5.  lavatory Lil **  
6.  deep deep feelin'  ***
7.  slidin'  **
8.  the kiss of venus  **
9.  seize the day **
10. deep down ***
11. winter bird/when winter comes ***

3s  -  4
2s  -  5
1s  -  2

rating:  2.2

lets go for this one:

and i could not, not post this one neither, another non-mccartney sounding song:
i get it, his voice is shot but theres something about these two songs that really get me in...

Waves. Real ones, breaking on the shore - for some reason they seemed extra attention seeking today! Stopped for a while to listen when out walking the pooch. Those looped meditation type of recordings simply can’t compare. It’s a symphony alright – great smashing rollers interspersed with little opportunistic frilly runners that race sneakily up the sand - no two sounds or sets the same. Quite mesmerizing.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
ive always appreciated the sounds of nature whether its weather or nature
but the older i get (not wiser, just older) the more i tend to appreciate it and consciously listen for it.
it is an ever changing symphony which is as you say Ruby....quite mesmerizing!

[Image: 220px-Pete_Shelley_-_Homosapien_LP_album_cover.jpg]

PETE SHELLEY  "homosapien" vinyl,  1981

the second solo album for punk band The Buzzcocks vocalist...
no punk sounds here though,
its strictly synthed up New Wave...
was pleasantly surprised that this one stood up well after all these years as most '80s synth sounds dated now...
loving most of these tracks and liking the rest..
I LOVE THIS ALBUM