Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
(08-11-2020, 11:58)Jerome Wrote: Actually a couple of bottles of Organic Human - turmeric & ginger flavours. Have it every morning. A bit pricey for the quantity but well worth it. They hide the contents behind dark glass. If you saw the contents you would probably be put off. But they taste really good. Made in Denmark or Norway I think.

https://lifestyle-drinks.online/en/all-p...thy-shots/

Just realised what you meant by 'foxes' - geez I am stupid. No - real foxes - I promise (not foxy ladies and gay men I can assure you).

Oops - no I didn't mean that - it sounded like an imaginary world is what I meant! The trouble with text ... Smile
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
OK so now I am REALLY stupid. Just goes to show what goes on in a man's head! I have been exposed. Oh well, won't be the first time and certainly won't be the last. Excuse me while I take my foot out of my mouth. I thought Trump was bad...LOL
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
[Image: 220px-Wonderwall_Music_%28George_Harriso...art%29.jpg]

GEORGE HARRISON  "wonderwall music" vinyl 1968

his debut as a solo artist.
also the debut album on Zapple Records, an offshoot of Apple.
World music here, sitar based instrumental pieces with a little bit of Indian vocals at times.
absolutely abysmal stuff, just goes nowhere at all.
album charted in Canada and Australia and thats all folks!
only upside is that Noel Gallagher wrote a modern classic in reference to the albums title.
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Time for one of the masters - just love the way this guy plays - https://youtu.be/ySA_QYVWj9k
^^One of a kind - amazing guitarist.

I'm listening to Phil Keaggy's Beyond Nature - it's an instrumental album - really nice pieces. Also impressive since he's missing the middle finger on his right hand - interesting that a physical impediment doesn't seem to have a significant impact on ability if that person only has the will - Django Reinhardt and Les Paul come immediately to mind. Huh! Not surprising that he commands a lot of respect - he makes great sounds. He has help on a few tracks from woodwinds and other stringed things, but not on this ...

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
(13-12-2020, 15:04)Ruby Wrote: ^^One of a kind - amazing guitarist.

I'm listening to Phil Keaggy's Beyond Nature - it's an instrumental album - really nice pieces. Also impressive since he's missing the middle finger on his right hand - interesting that a physical impediment doesn't seem to have a significant impact on ability if that person only has the will - Django Reinhardt and Les Paul come immediately to mind. Huh! Not surprising that he commands a lot of respect - he makes great sounds. He has help on a few tracks from woodwinds and other stringed things, but not on this ...

Nice stuff Ruby - just sort of floats along. The echoes remind me of ripples on a pond.
A departure for me today - listening to some Croatian folk music. A couple of CD's I bought when I was over there a few years ago.
Anthony Phillips – Strings of Light

[Image: R-14311920-1572003692-1926.jpeg.jpg] 

He doesn’t do anything by halves! A double album – all his own work - six and twelve string guitars, bell cittern, guitarina, Fender Stratocaster, composer and co-producer. I like that there are interludes – helps break things up and give some structure. It’s what I would call modern classical I suppose – great for Sunday afternoon – not at all taxing! Not terribly stimulating either, but hey, that’s ok. Keaggy is a more satisfying listen though, IMHO. All instrumental … perhaps a play on words?? These are very light strings.

Lovely cover artwork – I’ve taken photos like that - unintentionally. Lol!  

Now for something completely different - from Gambia - Sona Jobarteh - one of the very few female virtuoso kora players in the world.

https://youtu.be/GE6IVkUORHw
^YouTube says the video isn't available so I listened to a random track of hers. Nice sounds.  

Various soundtracks etc., by Gustavo Santaolalla in an attempt to find something that had been on the radio and which I was certain was his - they didn't announce it before or after - aarrgh! I would have recognised it if it was from Babel or Ronroco, which I've ended up listening to anyway - lovely stuff. 

Pretty sure it was this (which has only been around since 2013, Lol!) The better sound - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2UOwvUQ8L0 - and the live clip ...