Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new project
Yes CH - I 'design' my own pages. It's actually more of a process of fiddling around till I feel something works. The homepage image is a work in progress - the child dragging the lightbulb is really just an interpretation of a person who is fascinated by all things creative - music obviously being the main driver. I remember reading an interview with Ian Paice - Deep Purple drummer who said every time he goes onstage he tries to find that 13 year-old boy inside him that was fascinated by the whole world of music when he first discovered it. The lightbulb is also a reference to the project with Simon Phillips which is on hold at the moment while I finish the current electronic project, although I am writing some new pieces in the background. The diving man is from the cover of 'Into Imagined Lands' - the significance of the diving man is me actually taking a leap of faith and diving into the deep end so to speak. First project I ever completed, even though it is a compilation of tracks from three different projects. The woman with the blue eyes reminds me of a lady I knew many moons ago who I worked with and had the most striking blue eyes I have ever seen. Took me a long time to find that image. Her stare was kind of hypnotic when you managed to catch it in a certain situation. A melt-your-balls kind of look! So I decided to use that for 'The Hypnotic Motion of Tides' project. Those eyes are hidden behind the image of waves rolling onto the shoreline (taken from above) - some people notice it and some don't. So the home page image is really a mixture of project album covers and some other ideas as well. The two 'electronic birds' in the image of 'Esoteric Movements' still have to be worked in somehow but I still have to figure that out. The 'birds' were designed in AutoCad - a program I used to use many moons ago. All right, you can send in the medics now to come and take me away...

Oh yes you can use the image - no problem. BTW the site is not up and running at the moment. I am trying something with audio players but it is not working at the moment.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^^
an excellent read Jerome, thanks

good to have you back on the boards
actually thought you might be stuck in hospital with bloody Covid...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Ooh I just realised I might have misled you. So to clarify the homepage at present consists of three separate images all bought from stock image companies. The first is a child dragging a lightbulb across the ground. The second image of the girl with the blue eyes was blended into the background. The third image is of the diver which I blended into the lightbulb to make it appear that he is swimming inside the glass. The diver is a photograph - the other two are digital artwork. I did not create any of these. I just blended them together to arrive at what you see now. A surreal image. As for the music, I am far more interested in creating something than performing it. That's why the lightbulb (the idea) is always prominent.
Right - two disasters overcome - one medical, one financial - all sorted out! Yesterday I slept for 14 hours straight! The longest I have slept in years. Unfortunately my main PC workstation decided to die during a Win 10 Pro update. So I have had to set up everything from scratch. Took the opportunity to upgrade the ram to 24GB as well. Now I have to reload the softsynths and all the programs I use - this is going to take months to get it back to where it was. Good to be back. BTW if any of you have availed of the free upgrade to win 10 Pro from Win 7 or some other operating system here's a lesson. Create a recovery disk - google Microsoft's site on how to do this - it will save you hours of heartache later. Anyway back to business.
good to have you back J-Man.
also good to hear whatever issues they were are now fixed.

BTW:
"windows for dummies" is too complicated for me so i have no idea what you are talking about LOL
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

How much is that dummy in the window - tra-la-la
^^Welcome back Jerome. Sorry about the disasters - glad to hear they've been vanquished!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Thx Ruby. So after 2 months I have finally got my system back to normal. Just one of my synths took over 30 hours to download from the site I purchased it from. An absolute pain but it has to be done. So today I am getting back to the project and trying out some new ideas.

Also noticed I am getting an enormous amount of hits from over 55 different countries at the moment. And there isn't even any music on the site at the moment??!!?? People must be getting bored during lockdown. And that's excluding all the bots out there. They all come up on a different report.
OK so I might have posted this before - can't remember!!!  This track is supposed to convey some of the trepidation and anxiety that mountaineers face when crossing the Khumbu Icefall en route to the summit of Everest. This icefall is considered one of the most dangerous parts of the climb. A constantly shifting river of ice blocks, some as big as apartment blocks. Taken from the 'Mountain Mantras' project, which I have now started working on again after a long absence. This is really a transitional soundscape that will ultimately link two more formal tracks.

http://www.auralscapes.org
Filled with foreboding - thought I heard the distant rumblings of an avalanche in there. Nicely done Jerome. Are you reviving Mountain Mantras as a whole? Now where is "Flying Over The Frozen Sea"??
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm working on a project, please opinions and reviews - "Summer on you" ET MUSIX 2 1,309 11-11-2016, 17:42
Last Post: ET MUSIX
  The Twisted Project - Over The Bridge The Twisted Project 2 1,580 06-04-2014, 20:32
Last Post: The Twisted Project
  The Twisted Project - Bow Down The Twisted Project 0 1,128 02-04-2014, 21:04
  The Twisted Project - Under Continuous Fire The Twisted Project 2 1,360 23-03-2014, 19:32
  The EDM Project theEDMproject 3 1,876 08-08-2012, 02:15
Last Post: suzy7