Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new project
Well I intend to try and finish it. Have about 6 tracks in the bag. Still a few to go. And yes I was trying to emulate the sound of an avalanche hidden in the background. Flying Over The Frozen Sea is the second last track in the project.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Still on the 'Mountain Mantras' project for the moment. That's why I've been watching all those Everest documentaries. Busy working on an instrumental interlude called 'Ravens & Omens'. Apparently the Sherpas take heed of the ravens at base camp - but I can't seem to find out whether their presence is a good or bad omen. There seems to be conflicting opinions on this one. It is generally accepted that ravens are a bad omen in western society, but in some cultures they represent both birth and death. Who knows????

Anyway this particular piece is becoming quite hard to tame due to the VERY unpredictable nature of an instrument called 'Morpheus' by Sonniccouture. Every time you play it it responds differently so it's quite tricky to get the result you want. May have to record several takes in order to get something workable. Time will tell.

Update: Just found this article - Everest – Day 18: Puja ceremony – Gosia Treks

Apparently if the raven sits on top of the the mast at the Puja ceremony, then it is a good omen. Raven on top of mast = climber on top of mountain. Of course they have some rice on the top of the mast...
The Ideas Fairy landed at 2am this morning. She brought with her a magnificent set of ideas that I can't put down on disc fast enough. Going to flesh those out today and see where they end up. All relating to the MM project. Amazing what the subconscious can produce when you are zizzing...!
Just took delivery of the next bit of kit. An ARP2600 hardware synth. Oh well that's next weekend accounted for. All other jobs/tasks/duties etc will go on hold!
Today is going to be spent unravelling the mysteries behind the ARP2600. So far I have only managed to coax a few feeble bleeps and buzzes out of her. I think this machine is going to test my patience somewhat. Oh well life is for learning. Switch on - here we go. If the power goes out in your neighbourhood it means I have connected the wrong cables to the wrong connections again. Just think of it as 'Load Shedding - The Live Concert'. Too de loo...
LOL
"load shedding - the concert" that would be a great name for a live gig by a hard rock band ala metalica,ac/dc etc...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Hey, we are making progress here - managed to come up with something that sounds like an electronic fart - there is hope!
^^
im looking forward to hearing the extended remix of it
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Oh I like that CH! Very funny. Been up with my new baby all night. This thing is going to take some serious studying before something remotely musical can be obtained. It's a monster of a machine and not easily tamed either. I see many sleepless nights ahead...
Posted the whole 'Summer' sequence from 'Scenes' on the website a while ago. Same place as always. I have tried to improve the mix with subtle changes and I am not entirely satisfied but it is what it is. Going to finish off the 'Winter' sequence over the next few days. Let's see what happens...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm working on a project, please opinions and reviews - "Summer on you" ET MUSIX 2 1,309 11-11-2016, 17:42
Last Post: ET MUSIX
  The Twisted Project - Over The Bridge The Twisted Project 2 1,580 06-04-2014, 20:32
Last Post: The Twisted Project
  The Twisted Project - Bow Down The Twisted Project 0 1,128 02-04-2014, 21:04
  The Twisted Project - Under Continuous Fire The Twisted Project 2 1,360 23-03-2014, 19:32
  The EDM Project theEDMproject 3 1,876 08-08-2012, 02:15
Last Post: suzy7