Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
31-05-2021, 11:46
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 13:24 by CRAZY-HORSE.)
cha-ching: another million cases in the kitty....
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?%20
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
172.5 million cases confirmed since the start of this crap 18 months ago....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
173 million confirmed cases now.
seems to be a bit of an outbreak of the Indian variant in Melbourne,Victoria over the last week
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
06-06-2021, 23:09
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 23:11 by CRAZY-HORSE.)
174 million confirmed worldwide cases...
**sing to the tune of Queen**
another million bites the dust
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
Back to Level 2 here as we head toward the crest of the third wave with the vaccination programme still painfully slow. Not much different to Level 1 though - just a slightly extended curfew and limited numbers at gatherings. At this time, currently confirmed active Covid cases amount to 0.105% of our population and 0.096% of the entire population has died as a result. This is according to the official numbers, which granted, are unlikely to be accurate. Who knows what the real numbers are - impossible to say. So over it all! Bring back the good old days.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
our vaccination process has been slow here.
not because of Govt rollouts etc but because people dont want to get vaccinated.
i get my second jab first week of July, no problem but some people.....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2021
We're giving away vaccine to I don't remember who now, so yeah supplies are not a problem. I remember that nearly a million people a day were getting vaccinated by the time Biden was inaugurated, I'm guessing that it slowed down only because so many don't want it. I dont completely understand that (though I do in a way) because it apparently is not the first time that a vaccine has been produced so quickly. I can't remember exactly when it was now but I remember reading that another big scary bug many years ago created a huge effort for a vaccine.
.... '(though I do in a way)' up there means that I understand that people here are more distrustful of government than ever. I will certainly include myself in that but I did get my jabs.
Don't look back
Keep on track to break the curse
Take the chance
Design your universe
~ Epica ~
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
leaving Ruby the only one to not have been jabbed
wondering if we should even be around her
I know I'm keeping my 6 feet
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
looks like even Jerome is keeping his distance....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
i missed a million over the last few days
176 million confirmed worldwide cases....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
|