Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Musical Quote of the Day
"I'm not  getting old, I'm evolving" - Keith Richards

Heaven help us all ...
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
“I sing my sorrow, and I paint my joy. Sorrow is so easy to express and yet so hard to tell.”

JONI MITCHELL
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Pete Townshend commenting on Keith Moon's mood swings and wild lifestyle - 'I could never tell whether Keith was crying or it was just the booze overflowing out of his eyes'.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
yes, Liam Gallagher is a complete dickhead but occasionally he does say something intelligent and/or profound.

'I’ve mellowed, but not in the sense of liking Radiohead or Coldplay.'
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

our esteemed Music Head:

"its rap crap" and
"i do not like it"
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

'We are living in a cultural dark age of musical pollution. You put the radio on and five minutes later you need an aspirin' - Vangelis.

'I learned an invaluable lesson from a kid in Argentina when we were playing Buenos Aires in 2002. I came out of the hotel and this 16-year-old-boy asked me to sign his copy of my Six Wives of Henry VIII album. As I was signing it I asked him 'what does a 16 year-old like about this old music?' and he looked at me, quite hurt, and said, 'it might be old to you, Mr Wakeman, but I only heard it for the first time last week. When you hear something for the first time, it's new.' I've never forgotten that.' - Rick Wakeman

'Success is buried in the garden of failure.' - Rick Wakeman

'Tales from Topographic Oceans is like a woman's padded bra.' - Rick Wakeman

Not a musical quote but one I have always found fascinating - from the movie about Diana.

'Somewhere beyond right or wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there.' - Rumi
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
Also not quite a musical quote but a very funny anecdote ... 

^^
seen that one a hundred times and am still amused everytime i see it.

"When Beck replaced Clapton in the Yardbirds, he was, in a sense, a great liberator for them. He had a snarky sense of humour and an eclectic sensibility which are two things that Clapton’s never been accused of having. Clapton was a very much the uptight sniffy blues purist, Beck was into anarchy, carnage, weird noises and the incorporation of a wide variety of influences."

"He has ferocious technique but so do a lot of other people who are cataclysmically dull. The extent to which he communicates his personality and emotional nuance - I don’t think any other guitarist has as wide an emotional range. He can go from puckish playful humour to absolute vicious rage, to absolutely swooning lyricisim in one line, one lick, let alone from piece to piece."

Charles Shaar Murray (from a Jeff Beck documentary I watched on YouTube) 
^^

on Beck's death:

a lovely comment from Paul McCartney:

“a lovely man with a wicked sense of humor who played some of the best guitar music ever to come out of Great Britain.
was a superb technician and could strip down his guitar and put it back together again in time for the show. His unique style of playing was something that no one could match, I will always remember the great times we had together. He would come over to dinner at our place or he and his wife, Sandra, would host an evening at their house.
I will cherish forever the moments we spent together. Jeff Beck has left the building and it is a lonelier place without him.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Musical Deaths 2024: CRAZY-HORSE 32 3,257 07-09-2024, 08:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Musical Deaths 2023: CRAZY-HORSE 78 13,827 27-12-2023, 05:45
  Musical Deaths 2022: CRAZY-HORSE 95 10,805 09-01-2023, 15:22
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  Musical Deaths 2021: CRAZY-HORSE 72 8,170 23-12-2021, 12:03
  My musical tunes and their unrealized greatness Transcended Dimensions 7 2,732 04-08-2021, 09:47
  MUSICAL DEATHS 2020: CRAZY-HORSE 124 25,147 29-12-2020, 12:19
  Musical Instrument Website tannerhp 3 1,402 29-12-2019, 20:32
  Musical Deaths 2019: CRAZY-HORSE 52 12,936 11-12-2019, 00:15
  Our members musical taste ambernector 113 27,105 08-10-2018, 18:40
Last Post: SteveO
  A musical riddle bob_32_116 2 1,482 20-12-2016, 07:50