Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new project
^^

a bit off subject but do you guys in Ireland need "tv licences" like they do in England (well im assuming they still need licences??)
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Yes we do. Costs about 130/150 Euros a year (can't remember the exact amount). Seldom watch TV. Local channels are filled with crap like Constipation Street, Enemadale & Rear Enders! Absolute drivel.

But thx for the reminder because the damn licence is due this month!

Speaking of watching things I have going through the 'Offspring' series on Netflix. Hysterical. Totally dysfunctional family's ups and downs through life. And Asher Keddie is one hell of a babe!
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
Rear Enders......priceless!

my sister watches all that crap you mentioned,
i'll have to call it Rear Enders next time i see her.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

And they have the gall to have their own awards ceremonies as well. A kind of Oscars for Soap Operas. Ridiculous.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
First draft of the first movement of 'Ebb & Flow Part Two' is now up on the site. Still a bit of polishing up to do but the basic structure is there. Stuck it onto the end of part one so you can get a feel of the flow of the whole thing so far.

http://www.auralscapes.org/#xl_xr_page_index
^^
probably not my thing (as you know) but i will give it a listen tomorrow mate.

Definitely not your thing Crazy. Even less so than normal I'm afraid. I suggest you pass on this one.
OK, so I have added the following to the website

Ebb & Flow Part One plus the first movement of Ebb & Flow Part Two and leading into the second movement - second movement is still in the works at present. Will be fully uploaded in about 30 minutes time.
^Having to listen a few times to absorb the whole piece properly, although I'm almost there with the first part. Takes a bit of mapping and time to connect all the dots which my brain is not capable of remembering in one go! Don't know how to explain what I mean other than to say that it seems to be the kind of work that makes more and more sense as you become better acquainted with it - a recognition, I suppose. Quite intriguing because it's a discovery rather than a no holds barred, here I am, in your face kinda thing. That's a lot of work you've put in there. Looking forward to hearing how it develops!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Thx for taking the time Ruby. Not too sure that I actually understand everything you have said though! I mentioned earlier in some thread somewhere that most of my music is not intended to be consciously listened to. More of an accompaniment to something else you are doing (reading, cooking, painting - whatever). That's how I first discovered the beauty of music - I used to do pencil sketches for hours on end when I was a kid and I would always have an album on in the background. So the music would just seep in and influence what I was drawing. I guess that must have something to do with how it's created. 'Joining the dots' is a good way of explaining it because i have different snippets or phrases floating around in my head and the process I really enjoy is trying to find the links that pull it all together. That's the fun part of composition.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm working on a project, please opinions and reviews - "Summer on you" ET MUSIX 2 1,309 11-11-2016, 17:42
Last Post: ET MUSIX
  The Twisted Project - Over The Bridge The Twisted Project 2 1,580 06-04-2014, 20:32
Last Post: The Twisted Project
  The Twisted Project - Bow Down The Twisted Project 0 1,128 02-04-2014, 21:04
  The Twisted Project - Under Continuous Fire The Twisted Project 2 1,360 23-03-2014, 19:32
  The EDM Project theEDMproject 3 1,876 08-08-2012, 02:15
Last Post: suzy7