Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Born on this day ...
Marty Roe who is the lead of the country act named Diamond Rio turns 61 today.

God bless you and him and everyone in his circle always!!!

Holly

P.S. Today would've been the 63rd birthday of the late great Joe Diffie.....I still can't believe that we have to address him like that now.
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Noel Paul Stookey (84) (Peter, Paul & Mary)

gets me every time
so sad

Burton Cummings (74) (Guess Who)

Stephen Stills (77)

Michael Stipe (R.E.M.) (62)

^^
what happened to those guys?
they had all that success then seemed to just disappear
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Happy birthday to country singers Patty Loveless and Deana Carter.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. Patty is 65 and Deana is 56. To me, there shouldn't be any shame in the world knowing your age. Instead, be thankful that you even get to where ever it is that you are sitting.
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Iris Dement (61)

Nino Tempo (87)

never heard of him have you?
but I'll bet you've heard this

^^
LOL, yes i know the song but no, never heard of him:

funny story with that song:

1984, i went back to the UK for a holiday and stayed with my grandparents and one day whilst walking through the town my grandfather said 'i just want to pop into the library and hire out a couple of cassettes', so off we went...
he picked up a cassette called "deep purple" and said he loved that song when it came out and was going to hire it, i said to him that i didnt think it was a song but a heavy metal band...
my grandfather told me a was mistaken and he hired it,
(to cut a long story short), he played the cassette that night and it was a Deep Purple album, needless to say we had a little chuckle over his mistake but my grandmother was not amused which made it even funnier.
and he did end up getting the cassette he was after and it brings back those memories whenever it is mentioned or i hear it...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born To Run vs American Girl Sir_Farty_Fartsalot 2 1,915 01-10-2014, 02:34
Last Post: Jerome
  See what Country song was #1 on the day you were born Neil Cossar 2 1,430 08-04-2014, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  Positive realization: Born in the best era for music enjoyment Drealm 14 4,098 20-04-2012, 01:35
Last Post: SteveO
  THE CULT - Born Into This (2007) SteveO 0 1,242 18-02-2012, 18:22
Last Post: SteveO