Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Graham McPherson aka Suggs
he turns 61 today
lead vocalist of UK ska based band Madness.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 893
Threads: 38
Joined: Jun 2012
(13-01-2022, 10:42)James Otto Sweet Heart Wrote: I pray that Trace Adkins has himself a safe and awesome 60th birthday today!
God bless you and him and his family always!!!
Holly (a day one fan of him)
P.S. His new TV show named Monarch premieres January 30th on the FOX network.
For anyone here who is interested, go here for an update on Trace's new show.
God bless you and him always!!!
Holly (a day one fan of him)
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
LOL,
i missed the Paul Kelly.
one of the most underrated singer/songwriters IMO.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
Maurice T. "Maury" Muehleisen was born on this day in 1949, in Trenton, New Jersey, USA, tragically dying at the age of 24 in a plane crash along with Jim Croce and everyone else on board - on their way to a gig.
He was always in the background - unassuming, but it seems to be widely accepted that his guitar playing and songwriting skills went some way to supporting Croce's fame and popularity. Croce himself referred to Maury as his 'band'.
I had no idea that he'd actually recorded a solo album prior to his stint with Jim Croce - it's titled Gingerbreadd. What a dreadful shame he didn't get to mature as a artist - he had a good voice, which although nothing like, for some reason makes me think of Karen Carpenter.
The lead track from that one and only solo album ...
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
Happy Birthday to Bob Clearmountain (born Chiaramonte) who was born on this day in 1953, in Connecticut, USA. Clearmountain appears to be a literal translation of Chiaramonte and is a whole lot less tricky to pronounce! Being a good ol' Sicilian surname of nobility in times past, I expect his first name is actually Roberto, but that is a wild guess.
He started out playing in bands but after his first visit to a professional recording studio, found himself to be much more interested in the engineering/production side of things. His focus is on mixing and he's probably one of, if not the finest, in his field - IMHO. He just happens to have mixed an astonishing number of albums whose sound I particularly love, which is hardly surprising as his discography is exhaustive. Here's his site - https://www.mixthis.com/ - quite entertaining!
Because it fits perfectly with today's sultry atmosphere in my neck of the woods ...
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
KID ROCK (51)
rapper turned country, country rock, redneck/southern rock artist...
my favourite song of his
love the lyrics.
It's another night in hell
Another child won't live to tell
Can you imagine what it's like to starve to death
And as we sit free and well
Another soldier has to yell
Tell my wife and children I love them in his last breath
C'mon now amen, amen, amen
Habitual offenders, scumbag lawyers with agendas
I'll tell you sometimes people I don't know what's worse
Natural disasters or these wolves in sheep clothes pastors
Now damn it I'm scared to send my children to church
And how can we seek salvation when our nations race relations
Got me feeling guilty of being white
But faith in human nature, our creator and our savior, I'm no saint
But I believe in what is right
C'mon now amen, amen
I said amen, amen
Stop pointing fingers and take some blame,
Pull your future away from the flame
Open up your mind and start to live
Stop short changing your neighbors
Living off hand outs and favors, and maybe
Give a little bit more than you got to give
Simplify, testify, identify, rectify
And if I get high stop being so uptight
It's only human nature and I am not a stranger
So baby won't you stay with me tonight
It's a matter of salvation from them patience up above,
So don't give up so damn easy on the one you love, one you love
Somewhere you got a brother, sister, friend, grandmother, niece or nephew
Just dying to be with you
You know there's someone out there who unconditionally, religiously, loves you
So just hold on 'cause you know it's true
And if you can take the pain
And you can withstand anything, and one day
Stand hand in hand with the truth
I said amen, I said amen
I said amen, I said amen,
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
|