September Collective - Amorosa from Always Breathing Monster [Mosz, 2009]
Vladislav Delay - Tummaa from Tummaa [Leaf, 2009]
DJ Scotch Egg - Scotch Chicken

Awesome gameboy-made music
Gui Boratto - Take My Breath Away :music:
King Midas Sound - Waiting For You...

[Image: 51i40TQR8mL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]

As namechecked recently by Jon.

IMO this could easily go in the Reggae section, since it sounds authentically Jamaican, with some subsonic bass.

A Brit / Trinidadian / Japanese collaboration of deepish, spacey electronic dub which sounds a lot like early Tricky, and contains one track that could easily be by Linton Kwesi Johnson.

I've been asked for an opinion on this, so here goes:

If you have a taste for dub, buy with confidence. If not, I'd recommend checking it out first (Hope that's OK Tony...)

Cheers to Jon for the heads-up.
Boards of Canada - Aquarius
Tiggi Wrote:Cheers to Jon for the heads-up.
I'm glad you like it.

Lionel Marchetti and Yôko Higashi - Untitled #2 from Pétrole [Entr'acte, 2009]

Quote:...This is musique concrète built from recordings taken from the real world – a shout, a whistle, an engine – but none of the familiar transformative techniques of the genre’s pioneers are in evidence: no obvious cases of speeding up, slowing down, or reversal. Everything seems to be done by montage alone. The source of some sounds is easily identified (significantly so: a particular noise carries extra baggage once it is identified as a scream) while for others the source seems entirely unimportant. This is the case for the conventional instrumentalists credited here, among them Axel Dörner on trumpet – you do not hear them as playing instruments so much as adding one more sound to the mix, a sound that could have been produced by any means. The less conventional credits may point in a different direction: Rocco Calaudi is “Harley Davidson Conductor” and Yôko Higashi plays a Citroën CX 2000...
- The Cookshop
Hobo - 3rd Dimension from Trackz [m_nus, 2009]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD