Poll: What Is The Best Who Album?
This poll is closed.
Who Are You
50.00%
2 50.00%
Face Dances
0%
0 0%
It's Hard
0%
0 0%
Join Together
0%
0 0%
Who's Missing
25.00%
1 25.00%
Two's Missing
0%
0 0%
Endless Wire
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Who Best Album Poll - 2 of 2
#1
Who Are You (1978)

[Image: 200px-Who_Are_You_album_cover.JPG]

Track Listing
all songs by Pete Townshend except where noted

1."New Song" – 4:14
2."Had Enough" (Entwistle) – 4:27
3."905" (Entwistle) – 4:02
4."Sister Disco" – 4:23
5."Music Must Change" – 4:39
6."Trick of the Light" (Entwistle) – 3:30
7."Guitar and Pen" – 5:56
8."Love Is Coming Down" – 4:04
9."Who Are You" – 6:16


Face Dances (1981)

[Image: 200px-The_who_face_dances_album.jpg]

Track Listing
all songs by Pete Townshend except where noted

1."You Better You Bet" – 5:36
2."Don't Let Go the Coat" – 3:44
3."Cache Cache" – 3:57
4."The Quiet One" (Entwistle) – 3:10
5."Did You Steal My Money" – 4:11
6."How Can You Do It Alone" – 5:26
7."Daily Records" – 3:27
8."You" (Entwistle) – 4:31
9."Another Tricky Day" – 4:55


It's Hard (1982)

[Image: 200px-The_who_its_hard_album.jpg]

Track Listing
all songs by Pete Townshend except where noted

1."Athena" – 3:46
2."It's Your Turn" (Entwistle) – 3:39
3."Cooks County" – 3:51
4."It's Hard" – 3:47
5."Dangerous" (Entwistle) – 3:36
6."Eminence Front" – 5:39
7."I've Known No War" – 5:56
8."One Life's Enough" – 2:22
9."One at a Time" (Entwistle) – 3:20
10."Why Did I Fall for That" – 3:56
11."A Man Is a Man" – 3:56
12."Cry If You Want" – 5:18


Join Together (1982)

[Image: 200px-Jointogether.jpg]

Track Listing
all songs by Pete Townshend except where noted

1."Join Together" – 4:17
2."I Don't Even Know Myself" – 4:30
3."Heaven and Hell" (Entwistle) – 3:35
4."When I Was a Boy" (Entwistle) – 3:30
5."Let's See Action (Nothing Is Everything)" – 3:58
6."The Relay" – 3:38
7."Waspman" (Moon) – 3:02
8."Here for More" (Daltrey) – 2:24
9."Water" – 4:39
10."Baby Don't You Do It" (Eddie Holland, Lamont Dozier) – 6:09


Who's Missing (1987)

[Image: 200px-Whos_Missing.jpg]

Track Listing
all songs by Pete Townshend except where noted

1."Shout and Shimmy" (James Brown) – 3:18
2."Leaving Here" (Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier, Edward Holland Jr.) – 2:50
3."Anytime You Want Me" (Jerry Ragovoy, Garnet Mimms) – 2:36
4."Lubie (Come Back Home)" (Paul Revere, Mark Lindsay) – 3:40
5."Barbara Ann" (Fred Fassert) – 2:01
6."I'm a Boy" – 2:38
7."Mary Anne with the Shaky Hand" – 3:17
8."Heaven and Hell" (John Entwistle) – 3:33
9."Here for More" (Roger Daltrey) – 2:27
10."I Don't Even Know Myself" – 4:59
11."When I Was a Boy" (Entwistle) – 3:30
12."Bargain" – 6:18


Two's Missing (1987)

[Image: 200px-TheWho_TwosMissing.jpg]

Track Listing
all songs by Pete Townshend except where noted

1."Bald Headed Woman" (Shel Talmy) – 2:09
2."Under My Thumb" (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards) – 2:35
3."My Wife" (John Entwistle) – 6:38
4."I'm a Man" (Kit Lambert, Stamp) – 3:11
5."Dogs" – 3:05
6."Dogs Part Two" (Keith Moon) – 2:26
7."Circles" – 2:09
8."The Last Time" (Jagger, Richards) – 2:50
9."Water" – 4:32
10."Daddy Rolling Stone" – 2:48
11."Heatwave" (Holland-Dozier-Holland) – 2:40
12."Goin' Down" – 3:41
13."Motoring" – 2:50
14."Wasp Man" (Keith Moon) – 3:05


Endless Wire (2006)

[Image: 200px-Endlesswirecover.jpg]

Track Listing
all songs by Pete Townshend except where noted

1."Fragments" (Townshend, Lawrence Ball) – 3:58
2."A Man in a Purple Dress" – 4:14
3."Mike Post Theme" – 4:28
4."In the Ether" – 3:35
5."Black Widow's Eyes" – 3:07
6."Two Thousand Years" – 2:50
7."God Speaks of Marty Robbins" – 3:26
8."It's Not Enough" (Townshend, Rachel Fuller) – 4:02
9."You Stand by Me" – 1:36
10."Sound Round" – 1:21
11."Pick Up the Peace" – 1:28
12."Unholy Trinity" – 2:07
13."Trilby's Piano" – 2:04
14."Endless Wire" – 1:51
15."Fragments of Fragments" (Townshend, Ball) – 2:23
16."We Got a Hit" – 1:18
17."They Made My Dream Come True" – 1:13
18."Mirror Door" – 4:14
19."Tea & Theatre" – 3:24

#2
Remember you can only vote in Thread 1 or Thread 2, not both.

It is not necessary to post as to why you voted the way you did, but it would be interesting to the rest of us.


This was complicated. They had so many compilation albums which I included most of, even though there are duplicate tracks. They also include tracks that are not on any studio albums.

#3
I don't think I've even listened to any of their albums 1978 and on. In fact, I was unaware they were still recording during the 80's. Do these albums have any merit? Will anyone vote on this poll?
#4
JonG Wrote:I don't think I've even listened to any of their albums 1978 and on. In fact, I was unaware they were still recording during the 80's. Do these albums have any merit? Will anyone vote on this poll?
Just hoping for more than Talking Heads at this point.

You would think at a music site, people would actually have an interest in music.

#5
Music Head Wrote:Just hoping for more than Talking Heads at this point.

You would think at a music site, people would actually have an interest in music.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Is this an insult directed at me? I was making the point that the first poll's collection of albums is what I think of as their best. I think most people agree.
#6
JonG Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by this. Is this an insult directed at me? I was making the point that the first poll's collection of albums is what I think of as their best. I think most people agree.
Not at all Jon, sorry.

Expressing my frustration at the lack of participation in the Heads poll, and the site in general.

#7
Ah, I see. Yes, people have been sleeping lately.
#8
.....:bump2:

#9
:bump2:.....

#10
:bump2:.....



Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 5 7,490 14-11-2016, 11:34
Last Post: Jerome
  Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 8 9,447 29-07-2016, 15:38
Last Post: bob_32_116
  U2 Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 Music Head 19 12,919 29-07-2016, 15:34
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Rush Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 21 18,670 29-07-2016, 15:23
Last Post: bob_32_116
  R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 22 17,534 29-06-2016, 05:39
Last Post: Ndowar75
  Black Sabbath Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 23 13,456 23-05-2016, 15:54
Last Post: Jerome
  AC/DC Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 21 15,583 22-05-2016, 22:03
Last Post: dennis1077
  Pink Floyd Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 50 25,003 20-05-2016, 04:52
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Metallica Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 Music Head 43 22,818 20-05-2016, 00:00
Last Post: nefilim
  R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 12 8,100 19-05-2016, 23:59
Last Post: nefilim

Forum Jump: