Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Born on this day ...
John Sebastian (78)

John Elefante was born on this day in 1958, not in Kansas but in Levittown, New York, USA. He was lead vocalist and played keys on two Kansas albums, Vinyl Confessions and Drastic Measures. The former seems to have been pretty popular in my neck of the woods since almost everyone I knew had a copy – way back when! He went into producing largely Contemporary Christian Music after Drastic Measures which hadn’t been to the taste of most Kansas followers (not to some of the band either). He later formed a hard rock/metal band with his brother Dino (who co-wrote a couple of tracks with him on VC) which they named Mastedon, and then he and said brother started a record label they called Pakaderm – no prizes for guessing from whence those names were derived! 

Elefante has made a few solo albums and contributed to many others, mostly in the CCM arena which is a place I seldom venture – if ever. (All this got me wondering about the Robby Steinhardt album, Not in Kansas Anymore, which I can’t find anywhere to listen to, other than an excerpt or two.) Had a go at Vinyl Confessions which I have not heard in quite a while. “Play the Game Tonight” really is a quintessential rock song IMHO but I have chosen one that was written by the brothers Heffalump …  Big Grin - actually - couldn't decide between two of 'em so here's the other one - "Right Away" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-nbaTv0R_g - two different vibes ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Carl Palmer (75)

Roger Whittaker (86)

thought he was long gone

(22-03-2022, 11:43)Music Head Wrote: Roger Whittaker (86)

thought he was long gone

^^
me too.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Ric Ocasek (78)

Nick Lowe (73)

^^
Wow, had almost forgot how old he would be but considering its 50 years since Dave Edmunds/Rockpile released their first album its so obvious.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Elton John (75)

Mariah Carey (53)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born To Run vs American Girl Sir_Farty_Fartsalot 2 1,915 01-10-2014, 02:34
Last Post: Jerome
  See what Country song was #1 on the day you were born Neil Cossar 2 1,430 08-04-2014, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  Positive realization: Born in the best era for music enjoyment Drealm 14 4,098 20-04-2012, 01:35
Last Post: SteveO
  THE CULT - Born Into This (2007) SteveO 0 1,242 18-02-2012, 18:22
Last Post: SteveO