Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Born on this day ...
Cher (77)

^^
of all of her great songs i cannot believe you picked that one
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Leo Sayer (74)

^^
excellent artist
excellent song and...
excellent clip
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Morrissey (63)

Stuart Elliott was born on this day in 1953, in London, England.

He’s a drummer and is likely to have been heard extensively, whether anyone realises it or not! He started out with Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel, played on Al Stewart’s Year of the Cat, also worked a lot with Kate Bush, appearing on a few of her big hits, including THE one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hhn5s1yqdI, and did a whole lot more with Alan Parsons and Co, from Pyramid onward, culminating in that very strange quirk, Keats.

He’s still active in the biz from what I can ascertain, and he can (and does) turn his hand to a range of percussion instruments, as might be expected. He sang lead on one song, once, with AP – a song he co-wrote with Andrew Powell (also a Kate Bush alumnus – there's that genealogy of rock again – it’s all in the family!) – here it is ... (seems to end a little prematurely but I couldn’t find another clip – maybe it’s supposed to lead into something else!) …

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Jewel (48)

^^
in my top-5 favourite female singer/songwriters of all time for sure,
fantastic artist,
Pieces Of You is a masterpiece IMO.

Richard “Rick” Fenn was born on this day in 1953, somewhere in the UK presumably, since he went to school in Oxford and on to study in Cambridge. He lives in Oz now it seems. He is a guitarist, can play the piano and also sing. He joined 10cc in 1976 (still with them, or what’s left of them!) and has collaborated with many others along the way: Nick Mason, Rick Wakeman, Mike Oldfield, Agnetha, Justin Hayward, John Wetton and more. I was interested to learn that he and Nick Mason had formed a company writing jingles in the 1980’s – he’s also scored loads of documentaries, dramas and comedies for TV, as well as a number of soundtracks for film and has received several big awards for some of the commercial stuff he’s done.

Thought something rang a bell – his debut album with Nick Mason – Profiles, which I'd stumbled upon before and about which Mason had this to say …

"I've certainly enjoyed working with Rick... I think it's useful and important to change the people you work with. You get so stuck in certain patterns. You know: Roger will do this and Dave will do that and... well, you can go and make the tea, Nick!" – from Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profiles_(...enn_album)

This got some traction – one of the couple of tracks off the album that were not instrumental, compete with David Gilmour and Maggie Reilly … (incidentally, Fenn also gets co-writing credits on Mike Oldfield's "Family Man" - and not only that, he seems to have inspired the song ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PAFb4KDp1s)

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Bob Dylan (81)

little known epic Dylan classic
chills for its superbness

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born To Run vs American Girl Sir_Farty_Fartsalot 2 1,915 01-10-2014, 02:34
Last Post: Jerome
  See what Country song was #1 on the day you were born Neil Cossar 2 1,430 08-04-2014, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  Positive realization: Born in the best era for music enjoyment Drealm 14 4,098 20-04-2012, 01:35
Last Post: SteveO
  THE CULT - Born Into This (2007) SteveO 0 1,242 18-02-2012, 18:22
Last Post: SteveO