Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Born on this day ...
John Hiatt (70)

^Fab song. 

James Pankow was born on this day in I don't know when! Wait - I do - 1947, in St Louis, Missouri, USA. I think I hear "If You Leave Me Now" at least once a week, if not more, on the radio station I listen to most. Maybe I should retune! Lol! Chicago earworms. He's been with them since their inception - 1967 to the present, and they released a new album this year, I see. He and his fellow brassies have contributed to other bands albums along the way as well, not least, the Bee Gees and Toto. Trombonist, keys and percussion with rare vocals - Pankow has composed and arranged the horn section for the band for a very long time indeed with no sign of letting up just yet - well perhaps a little nod, as per the clip below. Go James go! (Just maybe don't release a solo album Big Grin

Spoilt for choice so here's one from Born For This Moment ... got to hand it to them ... great energy and a whole lotta heart!

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
on radio stations and obvious repetition on songs Ruby, what i do is listen to a different station each week.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Jackie DeShannon (81)

chill worthy

Tori Amos (59)

Rick Springfield (73)

Good Lord. I had completely forgotten about this character. John Ireland was born John Griffith on this day in 1954 somewhere in Ireland (go figure - although some sources claim he was actually born in Boksburg, Johannesburg, South Africa). Whichever it was, he grew up in Jozi forming a band named Slither which eventually went on to become the Radio Rats (without him); by that time, I think his pop career had fizzled. It had been a side hustle in any event, while he was studying to be a medical doctor and he is no longer involved in music – at least not publicly.

Before he went to ground, he made 5 albums which produced two chart toppers – this one, to the tune of Greensleeves (1978) – “You’re Living Inside My Head” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfnDYpSlH-g 

... and this … quite how he managed to get it onto the Top 20 for the duration of 15 weeks in 1982 in South Africa is a mystery to me. The uncles on the censorship board must have been on vacation – or maybe not! …

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Elvis Costello (68)

Bob Cowsill (73)

^^
Damn, i seem to have missed the Elvis Costello B'day.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born To Run vs American Girl Sir_Farty_Fartsalot 2 1,915 01-10-2014, 02:34
Last Post: Jerome
  See what Country song was #1 on the day you were born Neil Cossar 2 1,430 08-04-2014, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  Positive realization: Born in the best era for music enjoyment Drealm 14 4,098 20-04-2012, 01:35
Last Post: SteveO
  THE CULT - Born Into This (2007) SteveO 0 1,242 18-02-2012, 18:22
Last Post: SteveO