Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Born on this day ...
DIANA ROSS  (79)

thought i would go for a solo song as opposed to a Supremes song.

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Happy Birthday to the lovely Seth Lakeman who was born on this day in 1977, in West Devon, England. He grew up in a musical family and in a place which I expect is steeped in tradition and stories, at the edge of the moors. A folk artist, he played with several ensembles to begin with and then moved on to establish a successful solo career. Interestingly one of his earlier albums, Kitty Jay, was recorded by his brother Sean for under £300, in his kitchen, proceeded to go silver and was nominated for a coveted award. Just goes to show! He plays the violin, banjo, tenor guitar and viola, and it’s in his blood IMHO - he makes it all seem so effortless. 

In addition to his own work, he's played with Jethro Tull and recorded and toured with Robert Plant - not a terrible CV!  

This looks like such an amazing venue, The Minack Theatre – right on the cliffs … he will be performing there this year again … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqM3XOkMYEM – unbelievable energy on the title track of the aforementioned "Kitty Jay", live version at The Minack - okay the foot drum does speed up occasionally but who can do all that and keep the timing perfect, not to mention without even appearing to break a sweat?? … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLrOR6swYPI

Just love this one – “Blacksmith’s Prayer” …. 

And this is the title track from his most recent album – “Make Your Mark” … 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
JESSIE J  (35)

Uk pop princess

They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Yesterday was also country singer Kenny Chesney's 55th birthday.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly (one of his many fans)
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
LADY GAGA  (37)

(i'll leave Reba for you MH/Holly)

I did Reba last year
I think JOSH should post a fav song with her post

^^^ Thank you! Happy 68th birthday to Reba! I have several favorites from her, but I am going to share this clip of her because it comes from her TV show. She didn't do much singing on the show, but of the singing that she did do during the show, this performance in my opinion was the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c23HF5A4lGc

God bless you and the lady legend always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
M.C HAMMER  (61)

from the days before rap/hip-hop became vulgar and sexualised.

Lene Lovich (74)

ANGUS YOUNG  (68)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born To Run vs American Girl Sir_Farty_Fartsalot 2 1,915 01-10-2014, 02:34
Last Post: Jerome
  See what Country song was #1 on the day you were born Neil Cossar 2 1,430 08-04-2014, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  Positive realization: Born in the best era for music enjoyment Drealm 14 4,098 20-04-2012, 01:35
Last Post: SteveO
  THE CULT - Born Into This (2007) SteveO 0 1,242 18-02-2012, 18:22
Last Post: SteveO