Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
I'm having another look at a the video of Paul Rodgers Live in Glasgow from 2007.
Great stuff for a bloke like me who grew up listening to bands like FREE, BAD COMPANY, ZEPPELIN, DEEP PURPLE and the many other great Rock bands of that era! :wink:
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
Last weekend, BBC4 broadcast a series of docs about Fleetwood Mac.
We've watched a couple of them, and they've been excellent. The first was an in depth profile of Peter Green called Man of The World. Really enjoyed it's sympathetic approach to Greens' trials & tribulations, and made me want to explore more early F Mac.
The second was a Rock Family Trees programme which managed to cram the whole F Mac history into 50 minutes, which is no small feat. Some hilarious interviews concerning the fights & tantrums...
Posts: 224
Threads: 14
Joined: Jul 2009
Adair - The Diamond Ring
I reference it a lot, it's one of my favorite videos =] Check out the rest of the album if you like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB6c91-dOCU
Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
Among the old VHS tapes that I am converting to DVD is the one that I am currently burning, having already converted it to 'divx' after having 'topped & tailed' it.
I am now using a program called ConvertXtoDVD to convert and burn it to DVD with automatically inserted chapters and a menu and will be able to watch it at my leisure after that.
This was a night of celebration for was, at the time, the twentieth anniversary of Fillmore West in San Francisco and featured many of the artists who'd performed there in the Haight Ashbury Era, including Joe Cocker, The Chambers Brothers, John B. Sebastian & Steve Boone (from The Lovin' Spoonful), Paul Butterfield and many others. A great gig and great fun for those who were there on the night! :tongue:
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
The Band -
The Last Waltz
Blu-Ray disc of The Band's farewell gig at Winterland SF.
The Band plus a cast of dozens rip it up in fine style.
Doesn't get much better than this...
Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
Tiggi Wrote:The Band - The Last Waltz
![[Image: 51JFQ6SRTCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JFQ6SRTCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg)
Blu-Ray disc of The Band's farewell gig at Winterland SF.
The Band plus a cast of dozens rip it up in fine style.
Doesn't get much better than this...
One of the great 'Rock and Roll' performance movies mate! I've had it on DVD for years now! :high5:
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
Indeed Rodders.
There's a short documentary as an extra on the disc I have, in which Robbie Robertson & Martin Scorsese discuss the difficulties encountered in making a film of a live gig.
The plans Scorsese had in advance for lighting & camera cues were amazing. Unfortunately live performance often doesn't conform to tight time schedules, so he found himself winging it a bit.
F'rinstance, the footage of Muddy Waters is almost entirely shot from one camera, as some of the cameramen were taking a break, and all but the one used were changing film. Scorsese thought he'd completely missed Muddy !!
Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
Tiggi Wrote:Indeed Rodders.
There's a short documentary as an extra on the disc I have, in which Robbie Robertson & Martin Scorsese discuss the difficulties encountered in making a film of a live gig.
The plans Scorsese had in advance for lighting & camera cues were amazing. Unfortunately live performance often doesn't conform to tight time schedules, so he found himself winging it a bit.
F'rinstance, the footage of Muddy Waters is almost entirely shot from one camera, as some of the cameramen were taking a break, and all but the one used were changing film. Scorsese thought he'd completely missed Muddy !!
That's definitely an addition then as I don't recall seeing that bit on the DVD, or maybe I've just missed it up until now. Must have another look later.