Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Born on this day ...
STUART GODDARD aka  ADAM ANT  (69)

his album "kings of the wild frontier" would be in my top 5 albums of the 1980s for sure.

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Lulu (75)

Peter Noone (76)

Johnny Rivers (81)

Donna Fargo (78)

Andy Partridge (70)

(10-11-2023, 12:41)Music Head Wrote: Donna Fargo (78)

Go here for my most favorite song from Miss Donna.

Donna Fargo and Billy Joe Royal- "Members Only" - YouTube

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly (a girl who misses her duet buddy so much)
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Nick D'Virgilio (aka NDV) was born on this day in Whittier, California in 1968. He knew from the age of 4 that all he ever  wanted to do was play the drums and that's exactly what he does along with a few other instruments he's mastered along the way, and vocals might I add - born with the music in him. He's a hard working drummer and a huge Genesis / Phil Collins fan - currently signed on as a fulltime member of Big Big Train (since 2014). Amongst other gigs he previously worked with Roland Orzabel and Tears for Fears, has played live with Steve Hackett, co-founded Spock's Beard (which is no longer) and also worked with Cirque du Soleil's TOTEM for some years performing in 1,400 shows with them - he never missed a single one. Oh and he has credits on a Genesis album (if you could call it that) Calling All Stations. He's released a handful of solo albums too. 

What I've chosen to listen to is his recentish side hustle with Neal Morse (various prog type of outfits) and Ross Jennings (of Haken, some of whose stuff I don't mind despite it being so called prog metal). Anyway - they made an album titled Troika which is not too shabby, and is nothing like any of the above - it's more folk rock inclined with a 'sounds like' recalling CSN. Yup - pretty nice harmonies the three of them make, unlikely as it might seem!! And they appear to be thoroughly enjoying themselves. Here's an NDV penned and vocal led track from that one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ5b_xgIZh0

They've also released a second album under DMJ called Sophomore which eludes me at present. I did find a couple of videos though ... 

"Anywhere the Wind Blows" ... 

And "Tiny Little Fires" ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Graham Parker (73)

Bob Lind (81)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born To Run vs American Girl Sir_Farty_Fartsalot 2 1,915 01-10-2014, 02:34
Last Post: Jerome
  See what Country song was #1 on the day you were born Neil Cossar 2 1,430 08-04-2014, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  Positive realization: Born in the best era for music enjoyment Drealm 14 4,098 20-04-2012, 01:35
Last Post: SteveO
  THE CULT - Born Into This (2007) SteveO 0 1,242 18-02-2012, 18:22
Last Post: SteveO