31-12-2009, 09:28
Re Nina Simone,
I would suggest a listen to the Albums Forbidden Fruit and Live at the Carnagie Hall, now available on one CD. In particular two outstanding tracks:-
Just say I love him - very unique as Slackmans guitar delicately weaves arround her voice in a gutrenching emotional tale of lost love. Only Judy Collins with "the first boy I loved", from the "who knows where the time goes" has done anything similar.
Trouble in Mind - a blues tour de force with just a trio, but she stamps loud and hard on it. I believe her contribution to the British Blues invasion in largely unacknowledged. Only Alan Price (ex Animals) has acknowledged her influence.
I would suggest a listen to the Albums Forbidden Fruit and Live at the Carnagie Hall, now available on one CD. In particular two outstanding tracks:-
Just say I love him - very unique as Slackmans guitar delicately weaves arround her voice in a gutrenching emotional tale of lost love. Only Judy Collins with "the first boy I loved", from the "who knows where the time goes" has done anything similar.
Trouble in Mind - a blues tour de force with just a trio, but she stamps loud and hard on it. I believe her contribution to the British Blues invasion in largely unacknowledged. Only Alan Price (ex Animals) has acknowledged her influence.


![[Image: 51NKKYXaNHL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NKKYXaNHL._SL500_AA240_.jpg)
![[Image: d80928ah2mt.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd800/d809/d80928ah2mt.jpg)
![[Image: 41W068RH1ML._SL500_AA240_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41W068RH1ML._SL500_AA240_.jpg)
![[Image: 51817FKkYRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51817FKkYRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg)