Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
[Image: 220px-Idonotwantwhatihaventgot.jpg]

SINAED O'CONNOR  "i do not want what i havent got" cd, 1990

a revisit...
her second of ten, i only own the first two but in reality should probably go back for more at some point...
girl died last year on the same day as my birthday.
despite rumour and speculation of suicide her autopsy revealed she dies from natural causes....
anyway,
the album is full of songs about grief, loss, death, pain and loneliness which reflected her sad upbringing and abuse at the hands of
the Catholic Church, so sad, i really feel for her and the scars (mental and physical) inflicted upon her during her life.
i guess she can finally rest in peace after a tormented and tortured life.
back to the album after drifting off track for a brief moment...
a solid album that means so much more now and thoroughly deserves the mega-millions it sold back in the day,
not saying its a classic by any means just saying it is a well crafted album even if it was overshadowed by the huge hit that Prince wrote in "nothing compares 2 U" which i think is excellent.
I LOVE THIS ALBUM

fave:

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

David Gray - White Ladder

[Image: 220px-David_gray_white_ladder.png]

Have not listened to this in a while. Not a bad thing actually - you hear elements properly again - perspective I guess. Fab album - and today, it's this one ... love it ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
yup, a great album Ruby.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

[Image: 220px-Pixies-Doolittle.jpg]

PIXIES  "dolittle" cd, 1989

a revisit
from Boston, Mass.
second album
song sounds range from pre-grunge, alt rock and some similar to Sonic Youth in places...
a very good album but flits between too many things to really sound cohesive and fluid (but maybe thats the idea?)...
I LIKE THIS ALBUM

[Image: 220px-U2-Pop-cover.png]

U2  "pop"  cd, 1997

a random U2 pick as a revisit,
their nineth of twelve...
had no idea i had their first nine albums until i checked Wiki...
well Geez that was bad,
no idea why i stuck with them as long as i did in retrospect...
only three half decent tunes on here and when i say 'half decent' i literally mean 'half decent'!!!!
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM

best of a bad bunch:

^I listened to this fairly recently (or some of it, at least) - was given a pile of CD's that I am busy wending my way through. Could not agree more. I couldn't believe my ears. So bad.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
[Image: 220px-The_Best_of_James_Reyne.jpg]

JAMES REYNE  "the best" cd 1992.

a revisit...
an Aussie alt rock/folk rock artist...
around thirteen years in to his recording career, fifth as a solo artist though...
this album contains the singles from those five years and three solo albums...
solid artist, probably deserved more success than he actually had but i like his music...
I LOVE THIS ALBUM

fave was a cover of an old Aussie country classic:  JAMES BLUNDELL & JAMES REYNE - WAY OUT WEST 1992 (Audio Enhanced) (youtube.com)

but of the originals this is my favourite:

[Image: OS5qcGVn.jpeg]

BLUR  "22/10"  cd 1999

a double disk compilation containing 22 UK hits from their first decade thus the 22/10 title...
only listened to the first disk which covered 1990 through to the end of 1994...
not overly impressed with a lot of their material prior to 1994's "parklife" single so this first disk wasnt very good IMO
but thats okay because the second disk is getting rotation in the car over the next couple of days.

fave on disk one for me:

[Image: 220px-Green_Day_-_Saviors.png]

GREEN DAY  "saviors"  cd 2024

their fourteenth studio album...
a gift from Lynne for my birthday a few weeks ago...
just got round to listening to it as it was a pick to take on a week long holiday we are starting today...
great road trip music, 
classic Green Day sounds...
some anti-Trump sentiment in some of the songs but an enjoyable listen nonetheless...
album is certainly up to par IMO, ranks around 2.1 for a first listen but will surely grow with repetitive listens this week...
I LIKE THIS ALBUM

lead off single: