Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musical Deaths 2024:
JOHN BARBATA  

aged:  79

cause:  old age.

legendary drummer whose credits include : The Turtles, Jefferson Airplane, CSNY and Jefferson Starship...

the article:  Legendary Jefferson Starship drummer John Barbata dies aged 79 (msn.com)

his Wiki:  John Barbata - Wikipedia
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

CHARLIE COLIN

aged:  58

cause:  slip and fall in shower

bassist for american rock band Train

article:  Train break silence on ex-bassist Charlie Colin after death at 58 (msn.com)

his Wiki:  Charlie Colin - Wikipedia

great band, they never mada a bad album IMO (that i own anyway)

They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

^^^ I love "Drops Of Jupiter" and the song named "Bruises".

God bless you and the remaining members and Charlie's family always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
DOUG INGLE

aged:  78

cause: not disclosed

original vocals, keyboards and principal writer for Iron Butterfly

article:  Doug Ingle, frontman of rock band Iron Butterfly, dies aged 78 (msn.com)

Wiki:  Doug Ingle - Wikipedia

will forever be remembered for this one:

Françoise Hardy has departed this mortal coil - sad to see her go - there are no more like her left. She was 80 and had had some health issues. R.I.P. Ms Hardy - an unlikely celebrity chanteuse with her no frills music and conservative demeanour - the queen of the melancholy ballad. I find her music appealing, in increments, and she leaves behind a not inconsiderable body of work. 

Listened to her Message Personnel album in tribute ... 

^The title track was released as a single with the flip side in English - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9d5_ALtiTc
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
JOE EGAN

aged 77

cause:  not disclosed

article:  70s singer behind iconic song dies aged 77 (msn.com)

vocals/songwriter for Scottish band STEALERS WHEEL
he actually went to school with none other than Mr Gerry Rafferty.

as a tribute, the only thing most people would recognise, but what a song it is!

^^
great song
could use it in my MFS
but I have to wait till I get to S again
life is hard
and then she died

I'd like to thank Joe Bonsall of the Oak Ridge Boys for his singing. He was 76 years old.

https://tasteofcountry.com/oak-ridge-boy...dead-dies/

What a year already for this group. Duane's wife went forward on Easter Sunday and William Lee had to let go of one of his sons on July 1st. This is my favorite interview clip of the Oak Ridge Boys, not just because of my most favorite member being a part of the group then, but because of what Joe says when this question was thrown out there, "Does it take a special lady to put up with you being on the road?" Joe was like, "It takes a special lady to put up with me being at home!" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMS8kLj34yA

God bless you and Joe's family and the remaining members always!!!

Holly (a girl who forever misses Steve)
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Abdul "duke" Fakir

aged:  88

cause: natural

last original surviving member of the incredible Motown group The Four Tops.
those guys were my favourite Motown group with Supremes and Mary Wells just behind them...

article:  Abdul 'Duke' Fakir, last of the original Four Tops, dies aged 88 (msn.com)

Wiki:  Four Tops - Wikipedia

as a tribute:

Sorry to learn of the passing of Larry Amos. I first saw and heard him playing with Baxtop - he was a brilliant blues guitarist - best I'd heard at the time, and I was not alone in that endorsement. There is this ... Baxtop was formed in Johannesburg in 1978 with Larry Amos on guitar and vocals, Tim Parr (guitar, vocals), Fuzzy Marcus (guitar, vocals) andBruce Williams (drums, vocals) and was billed as ' the best blues-rock-boogie band that never came out of the American South.'"Work it out” is rated as one of the Top Ten Albums of South Africa. http://rock.co.za/files/larry_amos.html

R.I.P. Larry Amos

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 55 6,051 Today, 00:22
Last Post: Music Head
Music Your Musical Quote of the Day Ruby 115 35,842 07-01-2024, 10:37
Last Post: Ruby
  Musical Deaths 2023: CRAZY-HORSE 78 14,061 27-12-2023, 05:45
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Musical Deaths 2022: CRAZY-HORSE 95 10,994 09-01-2023, 15:22
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  Musical Deaths 2021: CRAZY-HORSE 72 8,225 23-12-2021, 12:03
  My musical tunes and their unrealized greatness Transcended Dimensions 7 2,745 04-08-2021, 09:47
  MUSICAL DEATHS 2020: CRAZY-HORSE 124 25,248 29-12-2020, 12:19
  Musical Instrument Website tannerhp 3 1,409 29-12-2019, 20:32
  Musical Deaths 2019: CRAZY-HORSE 52 12,944 11-12-2019, 00:15
  Musician Deaths - 2018 Ruby 49 16,433 07-12-2018, 00:49