04-01-2010, 00:47
too bad they couldn't say the same about you. :biggrin1:
|
What Did You Buy?
|
|
04-01-2010, 00:47
too bad they couldn't say the same about you. :biggrin1:
04-01-2010, 02:34
Impressive.
05-01-2010, 19:44
last purchases include Major Lazers' Hold the line and Sun O)))s' simply stunning Monoliths and Dimensions a couple of days ago, both recommended to me
Also The Animal Collectives' Merriweather Post Pavillion which I see has made a lot of number one positions in various best of lists, not sure I quite see the appeal yet
08-01-2010, 16:05
Just bought Michael Jackson The girl is mine...
He is the best
15-01-2010, 18:52
Working on filling in some holes in my cd collection. Have them all on vinyl, but hey, it's Dylan. Amazon - $8 each
16-01-2010, 14:37
Since 09 09 09 I've been picking up The Beatles Stereo remasters........So far I 'm upto "The White Album" Interesting to hear the audio improvement...........however why could EMI not manage this standard before in the original issues ? ( Could they smell future sales in holding back a bit :biggrin
![]()
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive Oh! it wears a man down into the ground It's the strangest elation I can't describe it Oh it leaves a man weary It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
16-01-2010, 16:59
^ My take on it is that it's been 22 years since the original CD release of the Beatles catalog, and that there have been significant advances in mastering technology since then.
I think if the label were really profiteering, they could easily have done what most labels do, and have released several series of remasters over the years. I'm just glad that the original master tapes are obviously of a very high standard. Bought the stereo remasters box set on its' release, and I've half a mind to go for the mono set before the limited edition expires... |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|