Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
Over the past few days my viewing has included assorted DVDs including Paul McCartney Live at the Cavern Club (2001), Gerry & the Pacemakers in Ferry Cross the Mersey (1965), Yellowstone (BBCTV 2009) and Season 2 of Babylon 5 from around 1994.
I'm seriously considering having another look at both A Hard Day's Night (1964) and HELP! (1965) later today while I'm in the mood and if I can keep my eyes open. This latter is a consequence of the drugs I have been on causing me drowsiness and fatigue among other things which are all driving me nuts! :biggrin1:
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
22-01-2010, 08:01
(This post was last modified: 22-01-2010, 09:13 by Beach.)
Hi Beach
I guess you and I would have an interesting evening's viewing there ( Maybe a few beers too!)!
I would suggest further viewing might be Yellow Submarine or a bit of Anthology or we could try my copy of Let It Be that fell off the back of a lorry!
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 311
Threads: 29
Joined: Dec 2007
22-01-2010, 09:15
(This post was last modified: 22-01-2010, 09:21 by Beach.)
gryphon Wrote:Hi Beach
I guess you and I would have an interesting evening's viewing there ( Maybe a few beers too!)!
I would suggest further viewing might be Yellow Submarine or a bit of Anthology or we could try my copy of Let It Be that fell off the back of a lorry!
Anthology would be interesting my friend but, I would give Yellow Submarine a miss. I never did like it I'm afraid! :laugh:
I'm currently watching the DVDs I have burned from the VHS tapes I made of LONG WAY to the TOP - Stories of Australian Rock 'n' Roll from the 2001 TV series made out here for Aussie ABC TV. Brilliant series that follows the entire course and growth of Aussie Rock and Roll from the fifties right through and includes the Bee Gees, Easybeats, AC/DC and everyone else in between - sadly, many no longer with us.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
David Byrne on Jools Holland show
good stuff
Posts: 838
Threads: 11
Joined: Jan 2008
I watched Conan O' Brien's last show as host of The Tonight Show last night. It was quite a good show to end on.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Demons on BBC America
No Doctor Who, but it'll have to do.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
25-01-2010, 12:35
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2010, 12:47 by Music Head.)
JonG Wrote:I watched Conan O' Brien's last show as host of The Tonight Show last night. It was quite a good show to end on.
Don't care for the show but I watch for the music, and loved the Neil Young performance. Farrell was ok and I didn't even know Conan played guitar, or was that faked too, like most of the stuff on the show.
See you in September Conan.
Was going to post those clips but this is what I get on youtube for both of them
This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has decided to block it.
fu nbc
Posts: 572
Threads: 52
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 838
Threads: 11
Joined: Jan 2008
Music Head Wrote:Don't care for the show but I watch for the music, and loved the Neil Young performance. Farrell was ok and I didn't even know Conan played guitar, or was that faked too, like most of the stuff on the show.
Yes Conan plays guitar. I liked Conan we he first started on
Late Night. But in the last few years his shows really got a formula down and everything was the same. Even Conan's facial expressions and mannerisms were the same show to show. So I stopped watching. His final
Tonight Show is the only one I've seen.
My favorite host will always be David Letterman and his
Late Show. I'm too young for Johnny Carson or any that came before.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
JonG Wrote:Yes Conan plays guitar. I liked Conan we he first started on Late Night. But in the last few years his shows really got a formula down and everything was the same. Even Conan's facial expressions and mannerisms were the same show to show. So I stopped watching. His final Tonight Show is the only one I've seen.
My favorite host will always be David Letterman and his Late Show. I'm too young for Johnny Carson or any that came before.
Dead on about that formula. Everything they do is just so predictable. Not crazy about Letterman either, but I do prefer him over Conan or even Leno. Like I said I watch all of them for either the guests or the music acts. I zap right through most of it. My favorite is probably Craig Ferguson who is on after Letterman. The only one I can actually stomach the monologue.