Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hello anyone who is reading this...obviously
#1
Hi

I've just joined to hopefully widen the circle of people I can argue or enthuse with over music.

I love - Enter Shikari, AFI, Undertones, SLF, MSI, Patrick Wolf, Foals, Senses Fail, Thursday, Kids in Glass Houses, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Julie London, Artic Monkeys, White Stripes, Sunny Day Real Estate, the Used and yes...MCR.......lots more also

My confession is of course that I am a mum who should be doing grown-up things and not encouraging sons/daughters/nephews/neices & friends to go to concerts with me so I can see who I want to see (whilst using them as cover). Husband is a Bruce Springsteen/Rolling Stones type of guy...........so..

Would love any suggestions for good new or old bands I can listen to or any comments on the awesomness/patheticness of my musical tastes

Thanks

Catrina
Reply
#2
Hi Catrina,

that's a good selection of fave artists, some of whom I've never heard of.

Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to a good argument or two !!
Reply
#3
PS...

I've just read your profile, and didn't realise Daniel O'Donnell was a musician !! Just thought he was an irksome showbiz twat.
Reply
#4
I totally stand corrected on Daniel - you obviously have an insightful grasp of his talents. God! he is so bad!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome
Reply
#5
Hi and welcome to the forum




[Image: touchedep-2.jpg]
[
Reply
#6
Of those Patrick Wolf is pretty cool, the rest are mediocre at best. =X

Welcome, anyway.
Reply
#7
I have been judged and found wanting!!!!!!!!!! (I can't deny it stings a little.......repeat 'music is subjective, music is subjective' ad infinitum)

Thank goodness for Patrick
Reply
#8
Music is subjective, yes. I apologize if my response was offensive. I just don't see the musical merit in a lot of those musicians/groups. Patrick Wolf on the other hand, as I said, is really awesome. =O
Reply


Forum Jump: