05-01-2010, 01:38
Iota Wrote:Cannibal Ox - Ox Out the CageThe Cold Vein is one of my all-time favorite rap albums. I saw these guys perform in NYC in 2001. Here's hoping for the long-rumored reunion.
|
What Are You Listening To?
|
|
05-01-2010, 01:38
Iota Wrote:Cannibal Ox - Ox Out the CageThe Cold Vein is one of my all-time favorite rap albums. I saw these guys perform in NYC in 2001. Here's hoping for the long-rumored reunion.
05-01-2010, 02:32
Cannibal Ox has been on my to do list for a pretty long time now. I got this one off of a compilation of more or less undground hip hop.
07-01-2010, 00:45
listened online
I used to like ole Snoop. Once I got past his ego. Of course that's true with any rapper. I guess he's just worn thin after all these years. I'm sure this album will one again, top some charts. Might have helped for me if he would have actually done most of the tracks by himself. Nine of the 13 tracks feature someone else. Onl yrappers can get away with that. Let's imagine Bob Dylan came out with an album where 9 of 13 tracks were someone else doing most of the vocals. How would the critics and the public accept that. Not too good I would think. Enough bitchin'. Enjoy this Snoop Dogg album featuring Lil John, Jasmine Sullivan, The Dream, Soulja Boy, Nipsey Hussle, Problem, Kokane, R. Kelly, Brandy and Pharrell. See what I mean. Snoop chimes in every once in a while. I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM Worst Track - Pronto Best Track - I Wanna Rock It's ya Eastside partner, Big Snoopy D-O Turned like D-lo, catch me on your TiVo Long Beach with me, the city and the turf chump Get turf stomped, fuckin with the turf punk I'm geeked up, I'm on my tip hoe Turn it up bee-itch, what you here foe? I'm goin all in, that's what I do My little niggas jerkin, what's up with you? This little rappin ass, niggas tappin out I'm almost twenty in, the **** you rappin 'bout?! My niggas peeled up, the homeys growin big I'm all in the club rollin twenty crips You see a G, you better know the deal You see the fellas fool, I'm in the streets for real I'm kickin on these hoes, do 'em like dominos I slam 'em on they back, and tell 'em vamanos [Chorus: Sample of "It Takes Two" by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock] (Crowd Chanting) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now (SNOOP!!!!! DOGG!!!!!) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now (SNOOP!!!!! DOGG!!!!! SNOOP!!!!! DOGG!!!!!) (HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!!) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now (HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!!) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now [Verse Two: Snoop Dogg] I see 'em comin huh, that's what I heard em said The .38 the same color's the Chevrolets' 501s' on, gangsta lookin good I'm in the club holmes, Chuck'n up the hood We the West boy, yeah you see the shirt Smokin on that Kobe, fuckin wit that purp I gotta get 'er mayne, baby hella thick She said her name was Seven, call me Michael Vick {*panting*} 'Cause I'm a dog, hoe, give 'em the dick and dash **** whatchu called fo', if I ain't hit dat ass I'm Snoopy D-O-Dubb, I get it poppin cuz And when I'm in the buildin, they get to poppin up They get to spendin cash, screamin T.I.U. Now gon' Turn It Up, lil' mama look at you! I'm giggin on these hoes, do 'em like dominoes And slam 'em on they back, and tell 'em vamanos [Chorus: Sample of "It Takes Two" by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock] (Crowd Chanting) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now (SNOOP!!!!! DOGG!!!!!) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now (SNOOP!!!!! DOGG!!!!! SNOOP!!!!! DOGG!!!!!) (HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!!) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now) (HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!!) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now) [Verse Three: Snoop Dogg] Boss Dogg chillin, lookin like a million Yeah, nigga got it, I'ma leave it to my chil'ren Tonight I'm on some other shit, and baby lovin it Hella fast, grip dey ass like the oven mitt I'm gooned up, boy! Rich as ****, boy! Black and gold brakes, that's my truck, boy I'm on my Eastside, shit I'm workin I got the party goin, and it's jerkin My niggas all long, we rollin out deck Hoes gettin in, you betta pick a bitch 'Cause when I shut it down, the party's over wit She call me Superman, I'm on my +Soulja+ shit (YOOOOOOOU!) Boss Dogg, get 'em, I sick 'em and take 'em home West Coast bitch, I'm on my fuckin throne I'm giggin on these hoes, do 'em like dominoes And slam 'em on they back, and tell 'em vamanos [Chorus: Sample of "It Takes Two" by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock] (Crowd Chanting) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now (SNOOP!!!!! DOGG!!!!!) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now (SNOOP!!!!! DOGG!!!!! SNOOP!!!!! DOGG!!!!!) (HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!!) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now (HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!! HEY!!!) I wanna rock right now, rock-rock-right now I Wanna rock right now 1) I Wanna Rock - ** - video YouTube - Snoop Dogg "I Wanna Rock" Music Video 2) 2 Minute Warning - ** - audio YouTube - Snoop Dogg - 2 Minute Warning 3) 1800 - ** - audio YouTube - Snoop Dogg - 1800 Ft. Lil Jon 4) Different Languages - ** - audio YouTube - Snoop Dogg Ft. Jazmine Sullivan - Different Languages(OFF MALICE N WONDERLAND) 5) Gangsta Luv - * - video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MuZfZDVbPI 6) Pronto - * - video YouTube - Snoop Dogg - Pronto feat. Soulja Boy Tell 'Em 7) That's Tha Homie - * - video YouTube - Snoop Dogg That's Tha Homie OFFICIAL Music Video 8) Upside Down - * - audio YouTube - Snoop Dogg - Upside Down ft. Nipsey Hussle & Problem (NEW) Malice N Wonderland 9) Secrets - ** - audio YouTube - Snoop Dogg - Secrets Ft. Kokane 10) Pimpin Ain't EZ - * - audio YouTube - Snoop Dogg Ft. R.Kelly - Pimpin Ain't EZ(OFF MALICE N WONDERLAND) 11) Luv Drunk - * - audio YouTube - Snoop Dogg - Luv Drunk ft. the Dream + Download Album 12) Special - * - audio YouTube - Snoop Dogg ft. Brandy & Pharrell - Special [NEW EXCLUSIVE] 13) Bootiez Automatic - * - audio YouTube - Snoop Dogg - Bootiez Automatic (Bonus Track) 3's - 0 2's - 5 1's - 8 Rating - 1.4
07-01-2010, 05:50
Music Head Wrote:Might have helped for me if he would have actually done most of the tracks by himself. Nine of the 13 tracks feature someone else. Onl yrappers can get away with that. Let's imagine Bob Dylan came out with an album where 9 of 13 tracks were someone else doing most of the vocals...I like this community aspect of rap music. It is common to have musical guests on albums in many genres. Just not so much in rock. And it may be only in rap music that it is common to have guests performances on the vocals. Rap music is also much more up-front about the people guesting on each song and goes so far as to list them on the album back cover. In other genres the guests are buried in the inside cover / CD booklet.
12-01-2010, 20:05
Aesop Rock - 9-5ers Anthem
19-01-2010, 13:10
Recently been listening to a lot of Method Man & Redman (specifically the album "Blackout!"). It's actually really damn good, they both a very non-arrogant way of rapping I think and the contrast between method man's smooth flows and the explosion into the track of Redman seriously sounds good every damn time!
Anyway, currently: Method Man & Redman - Cereal Killer
29-01-2010, 02:39
Listening to tracks from Funkadelic's Maggot Brain tonight. Badass.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
29-01-2010, 10:54
Who the **** renamed this thread to What Black Music Are You Listening To ??? Where am I to post my whitey hip hop now?
29-01-2010, 11:32
Iota Wrote:Who the **** renamed this thread to What Black Music Are You Listening To ??? Where am I to post my whitey hip hop now?Not only that, what if I have a Black Brit?
29-01-2010, 16:00
Honky Hip Hop is still Black music...
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| rappers worth listening to, and those you should avoid. | QMobs | 2 | 3,314 |
25-05-2018, 23:10 Last Post: QMobs |
|