Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What Are You Listening To?
#61
Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit
Reply
#62
Hot Sauce - I'll Kill A Brick (About My Man)
Reply
#63
listened online

[Image: n45623dg7og.jpg]

Nigerian hip-hop/soul singer who sings mostly in English. This is her first U.S. release which is a compilation of her first 2 European albums. Don't usually do compilations, but not having heard her before, had to gice this a shot. Started singing professionaly in 2004 as opening act for reggae artist Sean Paul, and there are some reggae flavored tunes here, most notably "Africans". Sometimes compared to Erykah Badu and Lauryn Hill. A lot of political messages. Only the one track really grabbed me with most being beyond my stratopsphere.

I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM

Worst Track - Suffri

Best Track - Focus

1) Showin' Love - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - nneka-showin love
2) Uncomfortable Truth - 2.0 - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmwXaPW6wG4
3) Mind vs. Heart - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Nneka -Mind VS Heart - tyrkost
4) Heartbeat - 1.0 - video
YouTube - Nigeria - Nneka - Heartbeat
5) Come With Me - 1.5 - live
YouTube - Nneka live bei NEUE HELDEN im ?Studio Eins"
6) Kangpe - 1.5 - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E99dkzXXyOQ
7) Africans - 2.0 - video
YouTube - NNEKA - Africans
8) Suffri - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - nneka - suffri (danillah overdub dnb refix)
9) From Africa 2 U - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Nneka - From Africa 2 U
10) Walking - 2.0 - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIDjwGChFo4
11) Focus - 2.5 - audio
YouTube - Focus
12) God Of Mercy - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - nneka-god of mercy

Average Rating - 1.5

Reply
#64
Madvillain - Bistro
Reply
#65
Just got the EP from new funk-hip hop artist Sam Pete -"Crash Landing" on iTunes... Pretty impressive. Funk lovers should appreciate it.
Reply
#66
listened online

[Image: 200px-Sade_-_Soldier_Of_Love.jpg]

Very impressed here. Nigerian born r&b/jazzy artist back after a 10 year layoff. Now that's what I call a vacation. Those Smooth Operator dividends must have paid off. Her sixth album overall and a very nice one. Actually the band is called Sade, but I see just her referred to as that also, so I'm really not sure. I thought it was just her. Whatever, it's good stuff. All self penned with many standouts and no duds. No upbeat numbers, just smooth, like a fine wine. That title track has it all. On my list.

I LOVE THIS ALBUM

Worst Track - Skin

Best Track - Soldier of Love

I've lost the use of my heart
But I'm still alive
Still looking for the life
The endless pool on the other side
It's a wild wild west
I'm doing my best

I'm at the borderline of my faith,
I'm at the hinterland of my devotion
In the frontline of this battle of mine
But I'm still alive

I'm a soldier of love.
Every day and night
I'm soldier of love
All the days of my life

I've been torn up inside (oh!)
I've been left behind (oh!)
So I ride
I have the will to survive

In the wild wild west,
Trying my hardest
Doing my best
To stay alive

I am love's soldier!

I wait for the sound
(oooh oohhh)

I know that love will come (that love will come)
Turn it all around

I'm a soldier of love (soldier of love)
Every day and night
I'm a soldier of love
All the days of my life

I am lost
But I don't doubt (oh!)
So I ride
I have the will to survive

In the wild wild west,
Trying my hardest
Doing my best
To stay alive

I am love's soldier!

I wait for the sound

I know that love will come
I know that love will come
Turn it all around

I'm a soldier of love
I'm a soldier

Still waiting for love to come
Turn it all around
(4x)

I'm a soldier of love
I'm a soldier

Still waiting for love to come
Turn it all around
(3x)

Still waiting for love to come


1) The Moon And The Sky - 3.0 - audio
YouTube - Sade - The Moon And The Sky [New Album]
2) Soldier Of Love - 3.0 - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR5_rTCi-Bo
3) Morning Bird - 2.5 - audio
YouTube - Sade - Morning Bird [New Album]
4) Babyfather - 2.0 - audio
YouTube - Sade - Babyfather [New Album]
5) Long Hard Road - 2.0 - audio
YouTube - Sade - Long Hard Road [New Album]
6) Be That Easy - 2.0 - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kPG8ID6X78
7) Bring Me Home - 2.5 - audio
YouTube - Sade - Bring Me Home [New Album]
8) In Another Time - 3.0 - audio
YouTube - Sade - In Another Time [New Album]
9) Skin - 2.0 - video
YouTube - Sade - Skin
10) The Safest Place - 2.0 - audio
YouTube - Sade - The Safest Place [New Album]

Average Rating - 2.4

Reply
#67
^ Her name is Sade Adu (although I think that's a shortened version of her first name).

The band has always been known by her name AFAIK...
Reply
#68
listened online

[Image: 200px-LilWayneRebirth.jpg]

Although this album is more rock than any traditional black music, it is still Black America. Or should I say an attempt at rock. Let's leave that black rock crossover to Prince please, because this really bad stuff. His seventh album and I can't imagine who he's trying to appeal to here. For sure his black audience will turn a deaf ear, and I can't imagine it picking up much of a white audience, but who knows. I guess it has to sell a few million by the name alone. The guy must have some clout to persuade Cash Money records to put this out. After all he has made a name with his rap releases, solo and with everybody else in that area. Prom Queen is the first single, with On Fire as the follow up. Eminem helps out on Drop The World, where the clip is from the Grammy award show, where Wayne is lookin' like a fool with his pants on the ground.

I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM

Worst Track - Da Da Da

Best Track - One Way Trip

ahh, yeahh, ahh yeahh
ha ha look,

beat the beat up til the beat get poshrot
drown on my flow mothafucka bring your swimming trunks
everybody say they just do it well i just don't
times do change mothafucka well the gun dont
woke up this morning with my dick to the ceiling
fella sleep with another chick from my building
kick her ass out and have breakfast like a mo' fucka

im with another b*t*ch by super

yeah me and hate thats an odd couple
ha ha ha, you niqqas fake, you wouldn't pop bubbles
ha ha, you can act stupid bitch im dumber
and T Barker is my mother fuc**** drummer

(chorus)(Kevin Rudolf)
im falling down a land slide
on one way trip to you
you want me to take you for a ride
well let's see what you can do
and it feels like oh,oh,oh,oh,ohh Yeah
and i know just what to do
cuz' im falling down a land slide
on one way trip to you

ahh,
i've been doing this shit
and you know what they say about the shoe if it fit
ha ha, have a ball til i fall though
and if i die today , i bet the world end tomorrow
its fucked up how you ain't never ME
and i got blind money, money you will never see
and only in the mirrors where you find the better me
i make money and my fingers make a letter B
im very sick, very sicker than you
and when i play sick, im jordan with the flu
then i become a mothafucka
and my nigga Travis Barker is my drummer mother fuc****

(chorus)
im falling down a land slide
on one way trip to you
you want me to take you for a ride
well let's see what you can do
and it feels like oh,oh,oh,oh,ohh Ha
and i know just what to do
cuz' im falling down a land slide
on one way trip to you

i get better with time and time is forever
so just sit back and watch my time get better
so check your watch, im strong as scotch
papa was a rolling stone, i was born to Rock
uhhh, tell it like it is shyt
i don't know when it isn't
to or not to be shyt, i dont know my decisions
i dont know how i made it for this long in this condition
cuz' my flow so sick i should of died in a first verse

Mr. doctor carter with my hand up a nurse skirt
suck me like soup and ima eat you like surf n turf
ha ha, just let me know when you coming
and my mothafuckinq niqqa T Barker keep drumming

(chorus)
im falling down a land slide
on one way trip to you
you want me to take you for a ride
well let's see what you can do
and it feels like oh,oh,oh,oh,ohh Ha
and i know just what to do
cuz' im falling down a land slide
on one way trip to you


1) American Star - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - Lil Wayne - American Star (Feat. Shanell aka SNL)
2) Prom Queen - 1.0 - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTurfn7vvCk
3) Ground Zero - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Lil Wayne - Ground Zero (Official Music) Full [CDQ]
4) Da Da Da - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Lil Wayne - Da Da Da (CDQ)(OFF REBIRTH)
5) Paradice - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - Lil Wayne - Paradice (Rebirth)
6) Get A Life - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Lil Wayne - Get a Life
7) On Fire - 1.0 - video
YouTube - Lil Wayne-On Fire OFFICIAL VIDEO 2010 Rebirth
8) Drop The World - 1.5 - live
YouTube - 2010 Grammy : Lil Wayne, Eminem, Drake & Travis Barker - Drop The World/Forever
9) Runnin' - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - Lil Wayne - Runnin ft. Shanell (Rebirth)
10) One Way Trip - 2.0 - audio
YouTube - Lil Wayne - One Way Trip (Feat. Kevin Rudolf)
11) Knockout - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Lil Wayne - Knockout - (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
12) The Price Is Wrong - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Lil Wayne-The Price Is Wrong

Average Rating - 1.3

Reply
#69
KJ-52 - Will You Ever Know?
Reply
#70
listened online

[Image: 200px-AnotherRound.jpg]

New Jersey native Jaheim Hoagland, r&b singer with his fifth album since 2001. Each with platinum success so I guess this will do the same. A Teddy/Luther sound on the slower tracks which is unappealing to me, but has it's fans. First track with Jadakiss (whoever that is) is the best, and not much else gets back to that funk. I do like that Percy Sledge organ ripoff in Impossible. Released back in October, Ain't Leavin' Without You is the first single with a follow up of Finding My Way Back.

I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM

Worst Track - Bed Is Listening

Best Track - I Ain't Leavin' Without You

What is it,what it's gone be
No, I can't call it
All I know is I had to step up, step up
Speed it up, cut the chase
Go in for first base
Before them other cats try to get ya, get ya
You're moving them hips
Killing me with every dip, girl
You about to get a tip do it girl
Worse that goes down is you turn me down
But, this time around, I got it shorty
Hey, how you doin?
Baby what you getting into?
I don't know what your name is
Or who you came with, But, I ain't leaving without you
Hey girl how you doin'?
I never seen nothing, like you-like you
Cuz a body, that shape
It's your claim to fame
And girl, I ain't leavin' without you. No.
Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo, boo, boo doo doo doo whoo!
I want your body
Your bod, your bod, your bod, your bod, your body
Oh, What ya drink?
What you sip?
I got the next round
Martini or Goose, now
Tell me what's up, what's up
The conversation my eyes
Is havin' wit your thighs
Gone get me outta line
They better shut up, shut up
You're movin' them hips
Killing me with every dip, girl
You about to get a tip do it now
The worse that goes down is you turn me down
You're feelin' your boy now
So I got it shorty
Hey, how you doin'?
Baby what you getting into?
I don't know what your name is
Or who you came wit
But, I ain't leaving without you
Hey girl how you doin'?
I never seen nothing, like you
Cause a body, that shape
is your claim to fame
And girl, I ain't leavin' without you. No.
Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo, boo, boo doo doo doo whoo!
I want your body
Your bod, your bod, your bod, your bod, your body
Doo-doo-doo-oh yeah, doo,doo doo doo doo hey, hey
I want your body, your body, your bod, your bod, your bod, your body
How you snub me, think your love was wit your love
Love to get to know you better
Let's go somewhere, anywhere
I don't care
Long as we can ride together
One more sip
Wet your lips
We can dip
I'll slip that tip to valet
Doors up, full halogen
Yep, yep, she modeling
I just had to say, Heyyyy, heyyyy
Hey, how you doin'?
Baby what you getting into-baby what you gettin' into?
I don't know what your name is
Or who you came wit
But, I ain't leaving without you
Hey girl how you doin'?
How you doin'?
I never seen nothing, like you
'cause a body, that shape is your claim to fame
No, I ain't leavin' without you. Oohh
Hey baby what's that in your cup?
You need to let me fill that up
You know I'm tryin to see what's up- with you
Eh. And I ain't thinkin 'bout your man he shoulda had you by the hand 'cause I'm your number one fan
Girl I ain't leavin without you!
Hey how you doin?
Hey how you doin?


1) Ain't Leavin' Without You - 2.0 - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfHOwo6xnl4
2) Finding My Way Back - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - Jaheim - Finding my way back [2010]
3) Whoa - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Jaheim -Whoa
4) Till It Happens To You - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - Jaheim - Till It Happens to You
5) Bed Is Listening - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Jaheim -Bed Is Listening
6) Impossible - 2.0 - audio
YouTube - Jaheim -Impossible
7) Another Round - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Jaheim - Another Round (NEW 2010)
8) Her - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Jaheim - Her
9) 11 Pink Lines - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Jaheim -II Pink Lines
10) Otha Half - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Jaheim -Otha Half
11) Closer - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - Jaheim - Closer
12) In My Hands - 2.0 - audio
YouTube - Jaheim -In My Hands

Average Rating - 1.4

Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rappers worth listening to, and those you should avoid. QMobs 2 3,314 25-05-2018, 23:10
Last Post: QMobs

Forum Jump: