Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
Don Quixote................Gordon Lightfoot
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
gryphon Wrote:Don Quixote................Gordon Lightfoot
I approve.
I know you needed that.
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
Thank you !!!!!:biggrin:
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 85
Threads: 4
Joined: Sep 2008
Dinosaur Jr. -
Beyond
Big Dinosaur Jr. fan here but I never actually picked up this album for some reason.
Los Campesinos! -
Romance Is Boring
I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to unwrap this disc and give it a listen!
Posts: 58
Threads: 1
Joined: Jan 2010
Dementia32 Wrote:Dinosaur Jr. - Beyond
Big Dinosaur Jr. fan here but I never actually picked up this album for some reason.
![[Image: dinosaurjr.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/dementia32/dinosaurjr.jpg)
Los Campesinos! - Romance Is Boring
I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to unwrap this disc and give it a listen!
![[Image: 321270L.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/dementia32/321270L.jpg)
Try - These new Puritans,very good new album (Hidden) out now
Posts: 212
Threads: 27
Joined: Mar 2009
06-02-2010, 17:10
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2010, 17:13 by goth metal raver.)
My February purchases:
Autechre - Tri Repetae
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Nas - Illmatic
Portishead - Third
I've only listened to each of them once but I'm already aware that I made some damn fine choices. Autechre is just wonderful (as always), Miles Davis has one half of mid-blowing excellence (the two long tracks) but the other half is a bit boring, Nas is great and I'm sure I will appreciate even more with future listens and Portishead is a bit patchy but when it's good it is very, very good.
Posts: 22
Threads: 1
Joined: Jan 2010
Not so much in the music dept itself, although I did manage to find a couple of used pieces, an odd ball Jerry Lee Lewis best of LP and a Jimmy Thackery (Solid Ice) disc.
What I did get was this new/used Oppo dvd player on eBay that plays SACD/DVD-A. That in and of itself is cool, but very common. The thing that makes the Oppo nice is that it outputs those signals via HDMI so I can process all those multi channel formats digitally in an AVR. This being as opposed to the analog multi channel inputs that cannot be effected too much at all.
Man, listening to ELP's Brain Salad Surgery in true SACD 5.1 is an intense experience.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
workin' on that cd collection
Wal-Mart - $12.99
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
A very sound investment !
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 85
Threads: 4
Joined: Sep 2008
faaipdeoaid Wrote:Try - These new Puritans,very good new album (Hidden) out now
Thanks for the recommendation. I've listened to a few songs and enjoyed a couple of them. Digging a little more to see what I can find.

mile: