Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Just had two IDM (now there's an oxymoron if ever I saw one) albums recommended as being 'essential'.

1. Diagram Of Suburban Chaos - Status Negatives (2002)...sadly this reminded me of a decent attempt at mimicking Stars Of The Lid ruined by the vandalism of added random glitches and digital percussion!

2. BUeLLER - Airglow (2009)...a much better listen. Avalanches style dub but won't be for everyone.
Now I'm listening to something altogether more satisfying!

Kiln - Dusker (2007)

As they write in Discogs..."ecstatic post-rock atmospherica and electro-acoustic bliss. The pure beauty of this music is both startling and humbling at the same time."

I have been both startled and humbled!! :eek: Cool
listened online

[Image: 200px-Believe_Album_Cover.jpg]

Vermont native, now LA house DJ with his 2nd album. A few tracks were ok for me but not much. First single of Fight For You and has been out for awhile, with the next one of Strange Condition has just been released. Both feature guest vocalist Elisabeth Morris.

I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM

Worst Track - Return To Me

Best Track - I've Had Friends

1) Intro - 1.0
2) Strange Condition - 2.0 - audio
YouTube - Morgan Page - Strange Condition (Album Version) | [HD] + LYRIC
3) Believe - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - Morgan Page - Believe
4) Back To Life - 1.0
5) Fight For You - 1.5 - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aSOQRih6WY&feature=fvst
6) Agnus Del - 1.0
7) Only Human - 1.0
8) Return To Me - 1.0
9) Tell Me Why - 1.0
10) Traces Remain - 2.0
11) I've Had Friends - 2.0
12) In The Dark - 2.0
13) Coming Home - 1.0

Average Rating - 1.4

BT - These Hopeful Machines (2010)

Great to chill to.
dogbreath Wrote:Kiln - Dusker (2007)

I believe I have that on CD. I agree it is quite good. Most everything that the label that released it, Ghostly International, labels "SMM" is worthy. They define SMM as:
Quote:SMM is a mysterious acronym that encompasses enigmatic ambient and experimental music with an emphasis on textural and melodic expanses.
Autechre - known(1) from their new album Oversteps (let me know if you want it, Jon)

Also, has anyone listened to the new album In Stereo by Fenn O'Berg yet (yeah, Christian Fennesz, Jim O'Rourke and Peter Rehberg)? I have only one song off of it (from Vital Weekly Podcast).
Iota - I love Autechre, especially Bike and Basscadet. I'm listening to the Pop Ambient compilation albums from Kompakt at the moment. I love downtempo stuff.
Burial - Raver from Untrue [Hyperdub, 2007]

Quote: But if it's the reclusive life that Burial seeks, he might just be his own worst enemy, because his new album, Untrue, bests Burial's fans' wildest hopes for the followup. Burial was a worthy, sometimes thrilling record-- an impressive debut-- but it sometimes lost focus, particularly when it attempted to carve out something closer to "proper," clubwise dubstep. But Untrue maintains the style and the vibe of the first album and yet does it better. It's a deeper album-- richer, more complex, more enveloping. The irony is that almost nothing has changed. Burial still makes his beats (at least, so he claims) with relatively lo-fi audio editing software, eschewing the comfort of sequencers and MIDI clocks. His string sounds, which on Burial let many a critic to call his music "cinematic," sound as unabashedly canned as they did last time, and his manipulated vocals-- warped, time-stretched, pitch-corrected-- are just as unabashedly emotive.

- pitchfork.com

This has been a JonG plagiarism ©
The Knife - Heartbeats
listened online

[Image: 200px-Groove_Armada_-_2010_-_Black_Light.jpg]

English band formed in mid 90's. This is their sixth album. A bunch of featured artists including one of my favs, Bryan ferry on Shameless, which didn't help that track for me. Look Me In The Eye Sister is the only track I got into, which is probably the most rock leaning. Never heard of any of these other people. Nick Littlemore appears the most, on 4 tracks. I've heard of these guys before but never really listened to them till this album. No need to go back for me, or forward either. I Won't Kneel is the first single, which is my 2nd favorite as long as I don't have to watch the video again. Paper Romance is the follow up.

I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM

Worst Track - History

Best Track - Look Me In The Eye Sister

1) Warsaw - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - Groove Armada - Warsaw (new song, official, full-length)
2) History - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Groove Armada - History [HQ]
3) Cards To Your Heart - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - Groove Armada - Play Cards to Your Heart
4) I Won't Kneel - 1.5 - video
YouTube - Groove Armada - I Won't Kneel Music Video
5) Shameless - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Groove Armada feat Bryan Ferry-Shameless
6) Look Me In The Eye Sister - 2.0 - audio
YouTube - Groove Armada - Look me in the eye sister [HQ]
7) Paper Romance - 1.5 - video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74cQF2ebgOM
8) Time And Space - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Groove Armada - time and space
9) Not Forgotten - 1.0 - audio
YouTube - Not Forgotten - Groove Armada - HD Ringtone
10) Fall Silent - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - Groove armada black light Track 2 Fall silent.
11) Just For Tonight - 1.5 - audio
YouTube - Groove Armada - Just for tonight [HQ]

Average Rating - 1.4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What im listening to at the moment PsychoPrincess81 1 467 26-10-2021, 17:26
Last Post: JeromeD