Posts: 4
Threads: 2
Joined: Feb 2010
It saddend's me to inform you all that Rod "Beachhead" Jeffery past away on the 26th February at 3.30am in Lithgow Hospital ( NSW).
Rod had suffered a long time with Prostate Cancer which spread to the rest of
his body.
He is now with wife and soul mate Shirley.
He was a dear friend, we will all miss him.
Funeral will be Thursday at 11am at Hoskins Uniting Church 43 Bridge St
Lithgow NSW Thursday 4th March at 11 am.
Rooster
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
I am deeply saddened to learn that Beach has passed away ...........my condolences..................
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
May he find eternal peace with his soulmate Shirley and keep on beltin' those blues at that great gig in the sky.
YouTube - BLUE MOUNTAINS JAZZ: Warrimoo 2001
We'll miss ya Beach.
Posts: 572
Threads: 52
Joined: Sep 2009
May his soul R.I.P.
Wish I had known him a bit more & longer.
Posts: 919
Threads: 26
Joined: Jun 2008
I'm so sorry to hear this - he was such a vibrant person with a true passion for music. I'll miss him.
Posts: 417
Threads: 183
Joined: Dec 2007
This is a sad day indeed. I have known Rod since 2003 and spoke several times on the telephone. I class him as a good friend, and he will be missed.
I know he had missed Shirley deeply since her passing. So at least they are now together in peace.
Thanks Rooster for letting us all know.
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
I'm saddened to hear this. At least his suffering wasn't too prolonged.
All the best, Rod, you'll be sorely missed...
Posts: 23
Threads: 3
Joined: Jun 2008
My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this sad time
[
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Joined: Jan 2010
Too much painful. We lost a great partner and hope peach for his soul.
Posts: 20
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2008
I am sorry to learn of this. I haven't been around much but remember him fondly from the old board. May he and his beloved Shirley rest in peace.
If you can't be a wonderful example, be a horrifying reminder.