Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rod "Beachhead" Jeffery
#21
gryphon Wrote:As Beach loved to use and be part of MD , would it be possible that we are able to put a little section of MD aside to have a lasting memorial to Beach ?Cool

I have created a social group in his honour. Please everyone join:

Music Discussion - R.I.P Rod (Beachhead) Jeffrey
Reply
#22
Hi Everyone
This is a review of Beachhead's funeral. Sounds like it all went well.

Hi Rooster,
Yes i was there today at Beachead's Funeral/Memorial Service in Lithgow, it was a small service at the Uniting Church. The Start of the service we heard a Gospel song "God Bless this Child" from Rod, which had hair on everyone's back standing up and tears in everyones eyes.
YouTube - Rod BEACHHEAD Jeffery at the Blues Gospel Service: March 23, 2003
The service started with the Church Minister saying he did'nt know Rod, but had Googled Rod and Look him up on You Tube and was blown away with his Voice and how much he was respected by his Friends in The Jazz & Blues Scene, not just here in Australia, but from all around the world. There were a few speakers including his family.we heard a few more Songs "Georgia on my Mind" & as we were leaving the service we heard " Jusus on the Mainline" and hearing it from Rod,He had 1 amazing voice and there were a few more tears,
After the service i met his nephew Dallas, he asked me to pass on his many
thanks to all of you for your Thoughts,Prayers,Phone Calls & Cards not just here in Australia, but the USA as well as Beachie was a member of The Blindman Blues Forum and a few other Forums as well. We all went to The Lithgow Workers Club for a Drink & Lunch, it was pretty low key and there were people there that had driven a long way to be there. There will be a Wake/Jamm for Rod on Sunday 14th March at the Gladstone Park Bowling Club at Balmain and i will fill you all in more when i get more details.
James Glendenning
Reply
#23
techman Wrote:I have created a social group in his honour. Please everyone join:

Music Discussion - R.I.P Rod (Beachhead) Jeffrey

Thanks techman, and Gryphon. I know Beach would appreciate this, and I have joined.

I had the Great Pleasure of working with Beach on the old forum and we would share tunes and talk on the phone, emails, and other sites. He was a Great Friend, and we always talked of meeting face to face. Sadly, it wasn't done on this small ball we call Earth. However, we shall someday when my time comes.

He is now with Shirley, who he loved Greatly and so did I and my Lady. They will be sadly missed, but his music Lives on.

I found this on the web and you folks may want to take a look at.

Musical Notes: Tribute to Beachie UPDATED
Reply
#24
That's so sad. My thoughts go out to his family/ friends. And I agree with the sentiment that he is no longer in pain. I didn't know him personally, but read/ lurked in several threads, so it felt at least like I knew of him somewhat. His presence is/ will be missed here as well.
Reply
#25
That tacky, poorly-shot vid the best you can do for an allegedly close friend and stalwart of the community? Really? Try these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncHFe_zdV5A and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PzTAnvo2Y0 < That's what I'm talkin' about. Not just Blues but where Blues came from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmjnces8IFs << you don't have to believe to get moved--no tears; he's in a better place now, right?
Reply
#26
My deepest respect and sympathy goes out to the family
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beach - Rod "Beachhead" Jeffery in Hospital Rooster McBlurter 5 2,571 21-02-2014, 07:54
Last Post: jazzboCR

Forum Jump: