Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What do whilst listening to music?
#11
JonG Wrote:Why don't you listen to music whenever you can? Why only when traveling?

Basically because when I'm travelling is the only time I am alone. I can't listen to music at work and I come home relatively late in the evenings and so when I do I want to spend my time with the kids or catch up with friends. Likewise my husband is only home at the weekends so we all go out a lot then.

On the very rare occasion I am at home myself, I will read a book and listen to music - I think I last got the chance to do that just before the New Year Confusedmile:
Reply
#12
Tiggi Wrote:Maybe I have a low capacity for multi-tasking, but if I can't focus on the music fully, I don't get much out of it.

To me, background music would be like watching a movie whilst reading...
same here. If I can't focus (headphones) I'd just as soon not listen.

and btw, my wife gets pissed because I read while watching a movie.

Reply
#13
Tiggi Wrote:Maybe I have a low capacity for multi-tasking, but if I can't focus on the music fully, I don't get much out of it.

To me, background music would be like watching a movie whilst reading...

Exactly the same for me too. Sometimes it may be a little while that I didn't listened to music, just because I did not take the time to do it.
Reply
#14
If I only listened to music when I sat down on focused on it I would listen to a lot less music. I couldn't bare that.
Reply
#15
Whilst listening to music...
What wouldn't I do? ;D

I listen to music quite a lot. Only when reading books or talking on phone or sleeping I really need silence.

Listening with concentration, I'm likely to sing along or empathize the music other way. When not concentrating on it, there's almost nothing I couldn't do.

Long Live Music :first:
Reply
#16
I almost always have music with me, I'm listening in the hallways at school, during class if I can get away with it, in the car on the ride home, while I'm on the computer, doing homework, etc.

My favorite time to listen though is while riding my bike along the trails that go through the woods and eventually downtown around the lakes, ah summer Smile
Reply
#17
I am usually in Photoshop when i have my music on, if I'm not doing that, i am probably just lying down relaxing and singing.... badly lol
Reply
#18
reading a book or cleaning my room
Reply
#19
Music Head Wrote:same here. If I can't focus (headphones) I'd just as soon not listen.

and btw, my wife gets pissed because I read while watching a movie.

That's funny - me too! My wife falls asleep during movies on a regular basis; if it's not a really good one (I DO like movies mind you) and she's sawing logs, off it goes and I read for an hour.

Here is my deal with listening to music. I listen to music for two main reasons:
1) I listen to enjoy the music and to pick out the individual voices of any given composition. A great composition has subtle layers and parts weave in an out. Granted music is a sum of it's parts, but I like to know what the parts are. I can't focus on this if I don't give the music my full attention, so generally, I only listen to music when I "listen" to music.

2) The exception to the above...I find music to me compelling, maybe even adrenaline boosting. I listen to multiple styles, but when I am weight-lifting or running I listen to music (usually hard rock / metal) that has a "drive" behind it and I pick songs that are up tempo. The music keeps me going and it takes my mind off the burn! Smile

Mac
Reply
#20
I can't stand music mixed with any activity. I find it totally distracting. Especially while driving...yikes, I don't know how people can drive with music on, but even walking or cooking...and reading or doing computer stuff...forget about it! I'm not even a huge fan of headphones, though I have to use them sometimes to hear details, but what I love to do is stand in the middle of the living room with 4 400watt speakers pointed at me and WHAM... loose myself in sound.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,669 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,440 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,967 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,816 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,799 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,415 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,681 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,217 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,706 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: