Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Week Nine Album Review. Corinne Baily Rae...........The Sea
#1
I apologize for the fact that we have had technical problems with the last album review . We live and learn with this game and sometimes the links work and sometimes not.

However I have looked at a slightly more established album this time and have come up with "The Sea by Corinne Baily Rae"[Image: gryphon-albums-gryphons-images-picture150-cbr-pic.jpg]



Here is the link

Go to this url

Corinne_Bailey_Rae-The_Sea-2010-VAG-URLforum.info.rar - Rapidshare Files

You should come to rapid4me

type in the captcha ( it always seems to be 8c!!!)

click on the blue underlined download half way down on the left ( Not the one in the blue prism !) and down should come the rar file

I hope this works better than last time

Happy reviewing all

Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
#2
There are times , when being “Reviews Moderator “ can be a lot of fun and this is one of them:

So , we start with a great cover!
“Are you here” is the first track .......a wonderfully accomplished voice greats us , it sores and sweeps majestically through the song and you know all ready that you are in for a quality ride. The accompanying musicians are able to complement and accentuate the talent of the vocalist and fill in the background to an excellent musical oil painting of the old masters school. ..................and we are only at track one!
“I’d Do It All Again” ......hey so would I , even if it’s only one track ago. I’m all ready relaxed and in tune with this album............at the moment its windy and wild in the Netherlands but in doors Ms Rae has made the sun shine and warm summer feelings are in the ascendance. This performer has all the class of the great old jazz vocalists ....good timing , great range and she is soooooooooo gentle on the ears.
“Feels Like The First Time” an age old title and here is someone who is clearly capable of a veteran’s performance. This rack gives me the same feeling as smelling fresh ground coffee...........you know that you are in for a treat and yet you can still wait and savour the performance.
“The Blackest Lily “ Change of style and still we are unphased ! Still it’s wonderful music!
“Closer” laid back and yet intriguing...well controlled vocal intimate yet public ....she sings her songs just for the listener and it feels like a one to one performance.
“Love’s On It’s Way” Nice gentle Jazz ! A Classic vocal that sounds as if it’s takes no effort at all. Real class this !!!!!
“ I Would Like To Call This Beauty” Smooth classy vocal style delivers a sensitive lyric and captures attention . Simply charming..............
“Paris Nights. New York Mornings” dances onto the scene , there is enough in the arrangement to suggest a dusky Paris and plenty of up tempo content to produce a sunny cigarette smoke filled view of New York.
The spiky opening of “ Paper Dolls “ coupled with the chocolate coated voice is recipe for another good track...interesting lyrics ....personal experience maybe??? subtle but driving..........social comment ?
“Diving For Hearts “ IN all this review , I have not said what is uppermost in my mind but , is Billy Hoilday alive and well in 2010 and I’m listening to her ?
We finish at “ The Sea “( although we have already been diving !) and with Corinne I can feel the spray and smell the salty touch.....don’t “let life fade away “ whilst this lady sings..........she is as stunning as moonshine on a calm sea or the greatest of tempests as the sea , she changes with every moment but there is something so enduring about her talent..
At the end of this album , there is only one sadness and that is there was not more! Mature work for one so young....Clearly a star has been born and I can only look forward to her future...She already has the kind of feel in her voice that shows and expresses much experience of life...tragedy and euphoria are no strangers to this lady and she can communicate both so, so well.CoolCoolCool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
#3
Time to put this back to the top of the listCoolCool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
#4
wth

Followed the above instructions.

Got to where I click the download.
It tells me I have to register by entering e-mail and password.
Fine, grudgingly I comply.
After I do that, then it tells me I have to pay $1.95 for a promotional membership.
No thanks.

Looks like I'll have to pass again.

Sorry

#5
Sorry about this MH, we are struggling a bit here.....................seems odd as well that i get in and have no real problems and you do ( Sorry about that ) I will try a different tack ..................the Evelyn Evelyn album has a different approach........
here we have web site which allows you to lay the album directly from the site ............no download ................just a straight stream .............personally I favour this because

  • No viruses
  • The people who produce the music intend us to listen and there are no gray areas of copy write
  • There are no different land issues
So if you will accept my perfused apologies we will try yet again with the other system

I think i would favour this because as I say there are no issues of payment etc and clearly if we take these then I feel that we are on the correct side of the moral issue and giving the correct message.

I know it will limit us a bit .....as you did say it does not have to be new ......it just has to be new to us...................... Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
#6
Sounds great gryph

Thats what I prefer.
All the new albums I listen to, I never have to download. Only problem is, they are there for a limited time.

Don''t feel bad over something you have no control over.
Hell, I feel bad because I feel like I'm letting you down by not being able to participate.



Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 5 7,484 14-11-2016, 11:34
Last Post: Jerome
  Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 8 9,439 29-07-2016, 15:38
Last Post: bob_32_116
  U2 Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 Music Head 19 12,900 29-07-2016, 15:34
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Rush Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 21 18,648 29-07-2016, 15:23
Last Post: bob_32_116
  R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 22 17,516 29-06-2016, 05:39
Last Post: Ndowar75
  Black Sabbath Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 23 13,432 23-05-2016, 15:54
Last Post: Jerome
  AC/DC Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 21 15,563 22-05-2016, 22:03
Last Post: dennis1077
  Pink Floyd Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 50 24,975 20-05-2016, 04:52
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Metallica Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 Music Head 43 22,793 20-05-2016, 00:00
Last Post: nefilim
  R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 12 8,082 19-05-2016, 23:59
Last Post: nefilim

Forum Jump: