12-04-2010, 22:25
listened online
![[Image: n63718puu7v.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drn600/n637/n63718puu7v.jpg)
Good old fashioned funk/soul. Used to be called r&b, but that genre has been hijacked by something else. On Daptone Records, the Dap-Kings are the session band for the label. Supposedly a revivalist movement to bring back that soul sound. We all know that's not gonna happen. Courageous effort though. Members of The Dap-Kings performed on various tracks of the Amy Winehouse album Back To Black. This is the fourth album by the group. First I have heard them and although I like the sound, and there are a few nice tracks, overall this album didn't do it for me.
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - The Reason
Best Track - If You Call
1) That Game Gets Old - 1.5
2) I Learned The Hard Way - 1.0 - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX3-nGYJKwc
3) Better Things To Do - 2.0 - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtt7F_yEcy0
4) Give It Back - 1.0
5) Money - 1.5
6) The Reason - 1.0
7) Window Shopping - 2.0
8) She Ain't No Child No More - 1.5
9) I'll Still Be True - 1.5 - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIjus1mwEMU
10) Without A Heart - 1.0 - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtHTxrimq6E
11) If You Call - 2.5 - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwRbV-L0Qoc
12) Mama Don't Like My Man - 2.0 - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZEpxqwtyJk
Average Rating - 1.5
![[Image: n63718puu7v.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drn600/n637/n63718puu7v.jpg)
Good old fashioned funk/soul. Used to be called r&b, but that genre has been hijacked by something else. On Daptone Records, the Dap-Kings are the session band for the label. Supposedly a revivalist movement to bring back that soul sound. We all know that's not gonna happen. Courageous effort though. Members of The Dap-Kings performed on various tracks of the Amy Winehouse album Back To Black. This is the fourth album by the group. First I have heard them and although I like the sound, and there are a few nice tracks, overall this album didn't do it for me.
I DO NOT LIKE THIS ALBUM
Worst Track - The Reason
Best Track - If You Call
1) That Game Gets Old - 1.5
2) I Learned The Hard Way - 1.0 - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX3-nGYJKwc
3) Better Things To Do - 2.0 - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtt7F_yEcy0
4) Give It Back - 1.0
5) Money - 1.5
6) The Reason - 1.0
7) Window Shopping - 2.0
8) She Ain't No Child No More - 1.5
9) I'll Still Be True - 1.5 - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIjus1mwEMU
10) Without A Heart - 1.0 - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtHTxrimq6E
11) If You Call - 2.5 - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwRbV-L0Qoc
12) Mama Don't Like My Man - 2.0 - audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZEpxqwtyJk
Average Rating - 1.5


![[Image: n64029t0lbc.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drn600/n640/n64029t0lbc.jpg)
![[Image: 51VDY6PDMJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VDY6PDMJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)
![[Image: n68046nle7g.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drn600/n680/n68046nle7g.jpg)
![[Image: 6115%2BYc0yhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6115%2BYc0yhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)
![[Image: n66608ps5e0.jpg]](http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drn600/n666/n66608ps5e0.jpg)