Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What Do You Like To Cook Or What Do You Like To Eat?
#1
I think its time for a fun topic:

I love to cook and I like to eat good food so what do you like to cook ? ........................and what is you idea of a great meal ?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin1:Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#2
My 3 favorite foods/meals

Bacon, eggs, hash browns, biscuits
Chilli
Pizza

Reply
#3
I love to try new foods at restaurants and when I cook for myself. Because I live in a big city I have access to new restaurants opening every month, many different ethnic groups and their exotic cuisine, and many farmers' markets.

I've always loved pizza and I have made my own ever since working as a line-cook at a high-end Italian restaurant. I like more traditional Italian pizza, like the Margherita style - tomato, sliced mozzarella, basil and extra-virgin olive oil. I love getting it from a restaurant that uses authentic San Marzano tomatoes and Bufala mozzarella cheese. When I make my own pizza I made the dough, sauce, everything.

I also love tacos. I like how versatile they are. You can put just about anything in a taco - and I prefer soft corn taco tortillas.

My next thing I want to try is Persian food.
Reply
#4
I love cooking, and make great pizza and also breads and pies, but what I'm known for is Roast Beef with Yorkshire pudding, which just happens to be my favourite meal.
Menu:
  • Roast Beef
  • Yorkshire pudding
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Gravy, with malt vinegar
  • Carrots
  • Cauliflower, with cheese sauce
  • Homemade buns

  • Wine, tea, coffee

  • Lemon pie
Reply
#5
Go and be a little more specific.

Let's see now,

Beef sandwiches(really easy to make) with a Gamay Noir to enhance the powerful juicy overtone;

Scaloppine di pollo but with french fries with an addition of shrimp washed down with dry Riesling wine because they match well;

and ice cream sandwiches for desert.

hope you like it
Reply
#6
I'm an ok cook but I think I'm a much better baker (always baked with my mum when I was a kid) - cakes, scones, anything with pastry - I make a mean chocolate eclair - but I very rarely bake anymore - special occasions only, which is a bit of a shame. I'm a bit rigorous with eating healthily so it doesn't really fit in.
Reply
#7
I like to eat pizza and burger very much. Also i like to eat different type of sweets.
Reply
#8
I like cooking quite a lot of alternative meats such as Ostrich, Bison, Wild Boar etc.

I make a lovely Ostrich and Kiwi dish which is a bit like sweet and sour
Reply
#9
I like a lot of things that I can't have now being recently diagnosed as diabetic.
However I can have unsmoked bacon, grilled crispy with a poached egg for breakfast and today I went out and had roast chicken with loads of veg and lovely thick gravy.
As for cooking, I am having to sort out some new recipes to suit now.
It's all good experience.
Reply
#10
i have recently taken up baking, and have a thing for making chocolate fudge cake at the moment.

i like to eat spicy food
we can conquer this great divide-hanson
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you like to cook? kerry 15 4,433 28-08-2012, 10:50
Last Post: hatchetman

Forum Jump: